Friday 31 December 2021

Friday Chat Day

Hello friends

Happy New Year's Eve!
Goodness it only seems like minutes ago I was typing 'Christmas Eve',
time has flown by.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Santa filled a very important stocking,
Bella got lots of new toys and was very appreciative. 
She was so excited the whole of Christmas Day, she slept for hours
on Boxing Day.


The weather was not festive at all, grey, foggy and wet.
My garden is disgraceful, I have been very lazy in trying to 
tidy it but the weather just isn't conducive to stepping out there.


This murky greyness has resulted in very damp Bella walks.
Here is she is being cheeky and sitting on the back of my Mum's armchair
following a said damp walk.


Crochet

I was able to have some down time and picked up my crochet hook.
I'm revisiting my Hello Winter Blanket and crocheting a larger border,
this one drapes over the end of my bed during Winter and I just want it to look bigger.
It also colour tones perfectly with Bella on my lap.
She's under there, loves to snuggle.


I also got the urge to do some sorting out.
Perhaps it is the prospect of New Year, a reset button flicks in my head 
and I feel like I need to purge.
The boys bought me some photo storage boxes for Christmas
and I've been getting organised with those.


I discovered this photo which made me so happy.
My family on holiday in wet and windy
Wales in the 1970's and look...
I have a crochet bag - it must be in my DNA!


I am now tackling my yarn storage - that's taking longer!
I've put together all the blankets I currently have for sale - 
they are taking up valuable storage space so I'm 
doing a very special sale here with BIG discounts for my blog followers.
All are washable, you just pop them in a laundry bag/pillowcase and use a 
delicate cycle.
There's just one of each - free postage - please click links.

You'll be making me very happy with space to fill with...yes, more yarn probably!

Hello Autumn Blanket
SOLD!


Colours are warmer than this photo is showing (drat to this weather!)
Measures 96cm x 96cm.


***************
Meadow Stripe Blanket
SOLD!


This is a big blanket - ideal for a single bed or sofa.
Measures 194cm x 128cm


**********
Little Squares Cushion Cover


Plain reverse with pretty buttons.
Requires a 14 x 14 cushion pad which can easily be inserted.
£15


*************
Cupcake Blanket
SOLD!


Another big blanket - candy colours.
152cm x 142cm


**********
Sweetheart Rose Blanket


Pretty vintage colours with a bobble border.
96cm x 96cm
£28


***********
Hello Spring Blanket
SOLD!


The close up photo shows the colours way better, pastel Spring-like.
Measures 98cm x 98cm

As mentioned, I'm including postage and packing in the price.

Telly

Ooo I've watched quite a lot!
I do love a Christmas special and Call the Midwife did not let me down,
I sobbed a bit and then smiled a lot - all normal.


I've kept a few more Christmas specials as treats to watch in depressing January.

Charity Kits

Just a reminder that going forward kits are alternate months so February
is the next one.
I've updated the Charity Kits page here - it details the 2022 chosen charities.
There is still space for a couple more so suggestions welcome please.
I am going to have a January kit sale so please watch this space -
determined to get some cupboard space!

And that was my crimbo week - truly hope Santa was kind
and brought you some goodies.
Remains for me to say lots of thanks for stopping by
each week and reading all my ramblings.
I wish you a happy and very importantly, healthy New Year.


And if you make a crochet purchase I'll ensure to get it to you
ASAP! 
Take care friends, much love.

9 comments:

hazel young said...

Lovely to hear you have a lovely Christmas and Bella was so excited. I wouldn't worry about the garden tidying. It's good to leave it untidy I do my tidying in the spring so that wildlife can use the plants for shelter and food. Weather here has not been too bad. The odd fog morning and a couple rainy days, but otherwise relatively dry. Lovely photo and crotchet bag. Gorgeous blankets Christine. Wishing you a wonderful year. Happy new year xx take care stay safe xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you for another lovely chat and a Bella fix.
I wish you and your family a very Happy and healthy new year,
Take care and have fun Kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Great catch up on all your news, lots of great photos especially the one of Bella.
Happy New Year to you & your family.

Michele

jdunkley said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Christine x

Jackie Durrant said...

Hello Christine the weather here over Christmas was like yours so grey and dreary. Yesterday though it was so mild I did actually spend some time in the garden raking up leaves and today we had some sunshine and blue skies thus morning. Don't understand this weather at all!! Had a very quiet Christmas just by myself and as I have entered the 21st Century and bought myself a new tv I had plenty to browse through on I player and ITV hub though didn't really watch anything apart from Strictly and Call thd Midwife!!
I will no doubt be in bed before the bongs tonight but wishing you and all the family a happy new year and let's hope for everyone to have a healthy one too xx

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and all your family a healthy, happy 2022. WakeyL

Littlelamb said...

Lovely crocheted blankets. My granddaughter loves the one I made her for Christmas and now I am making a cushion cover to match. Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2022

Jean D said...

Sunday, 2 Jan. Happy New Year Christine, and to your family.. Thank you for including The Lullaby Trust in your list of Charities for 2022., it means a lot.. I love your photo storage system, I think I need to do something like that. I have photos stuffed in all sorts of places, no consistency to any of it I’m afraid. That can be my new year resolution, although my track record isn’t very good I should add! Take care Jean x

Kay said...

Hi Christine, I would love to buy a blanket but am not sure who to pay when I get to Paypal. Can you help me please?
Many thanks
Kay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...