Monday 11 May 2015

Love Up North!

Hello friends

I arrived home late evening last night after a brilliant weekend in 
Staffordshire.  I got to spend time with such lovely people,
they are all very friendly up north - even the man in the little Co-op store 
chatted to me for ages about his daughter and craft. 

First off on Saturday I was at Crafty Interiors, a store that has lots of extras too -
home furnishings, blinds, toys, candles - a real Aladdin's cave.

Here I am - this is the photo where I am not eating a doughnut!
Steve the owner threatened to put that one on Facebook :)
Did I mention the candles?? ...oh they are amazing - Village Candles,
just like Yankee Candle but actually better.
Crafty Interiors has kindly donated one for me to raffle so when
this month's charity kit is revealed there will be an additional prize this month.

I ventured back to my hotel Saturday evening, phoned home to check
everything (Bella!) was fine, ate a "healthy" meal...burger and chips - oops,
and watched TV...that's quite rare for me..just sitting and watching TV,
I'm normally still typing, doing paperwork, washing, ironing so it was a real treat.

On Sunday I visited Garners Garden Centre, fantastic place with a large
craft shop - I demoed all day with lots of visitors, 
very special thanks to those who stopped by.  I did a lot of nattering!
I will be returning to both these stores later in the year, possibly around
November, doing make and takes and classes so please keep a check on the calendar.

Between chatting I did make a few projects, a favourite of mine is the post-it note
covers and this was one featuring Marisa's Bouquet
 Very quick and simple - I'm loving the different styles of flowers and little butterflies.
Well, the start of another week and getting ready to set off 
to A Maze of Memories next Saturday - calling all those who live near 
Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire!  
More details to follow.

Take care friends - I'm back tomorrow.

18 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning All
Thank you a nice newsy blog, lovely photos. Take care Kitty.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
Glad to hear you are back safe and sound from your travels. You are certainly going to be a well travelled lady!
I hope you are going to be able to take it easy today to recover.
Enjoy your day
Lesley

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, So glad that your weekend was great, and that you arrived back home safely.
Lovely card, I was using Marisa's Bouquet yesterday too, I was making one of Spellbinders pop up box cards.
I'll bet Bella was excited to have you home.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

hazel young said...

Glad you had a lovely weekend Christine. Lovely post it note cover xx hazel

Sandra said...

Hi Christine ,
Your weekend sounds like it was real fun, making work less of a chore! I think that you work in an industry where to the most part everyone us super kind and friendly!
The post it note cover us just gorgeous, I do like that die set Christine !
Hugs to all
Sandra
Xxxxxxx

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine, i am so pleased you enjoyed Staffordshire , i will try to be with you on your next visit i promise.
I have been looking for an Electric tart / candle burner without success , after reading your post about the candle at Crafty Interiors i am wondering if they stock them ? ,i will give them a bell later Christine .
A really pretty note cover love the colors used,
Take Care
Elaine H X

PharmacyMichele said...

Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend. The post it note cover is so pretty.

Michele

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Really pleased you had a good weekend and you are home safe. Both venues look lovely.
I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely blog this morning, sounds like you had a great weekend.
Love to see your photos.
Lydia
X

Jean Z said...

Hi Sue, Love the little note cover, pleased you like the north, love Jean Z xx

JJ said...

Sounds like you had an eventful day Christine but an enjoyable one.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

cara bermain judi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cara bermain judi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. It's good to hear that you had a lovely weekend up North. The post it note cover is very pretty. I must get some wood effect papers/card as they work so well as backgrounds.
Have a good day. Take care xx

nattyboots said...

Hi again Christine, just my luck the Electric candle burners are out of stock in the shop and at the warehouse. A very nice Lady told me to phone again in a couple of weeks .
Have a good day.
Elaine H X

karenlotty said...

Good to see you had a lovely week end and it probably did you the world of good to just sit and watch television Pretty notelet cover
Can't get to Long Crendon at the weekend but the mention of it brought back some happy memories - I was born in Aylesbury!

Anonymous said...

Hello Christine
Glad you had a good weekend.
It was lovely to meet you and chat at Garners yesterday, will look forward to your next visit and yes the shop was lovely!
Bet your glad to be back home after a hectic time

Chris Harrison

Janice said...

Hi Christine
Pleased to hear you had a good weekend up North! Another lovely post it note holder, I must give these a go.
Janice x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...