Friday 11 February 2022

Friday Chat Day

 Hello friends

Happy Friday.
I hope you are having a good week and looking forward to the weekend.

A sell out with this month's Charity Kit - big thanks to you all.
The next kit will be April - ah Springtime - what a lovely thought.

So what has been happening here?
Not a great deal but I am super close to finishing the big bottom bunny cushion.
Just five more rows and ta dah - only taken a few years!
As to how soon it will become an actual cushion, now that could be another story.


Crochet

On the crochet front, I am now joining 100 squares for my 
Cath Kidston colour inspired blanket.
I enjoy seeing them all piled up but they are not a lot of use until
they resemble a blanket.


All the joining is in blue and the border will be cream and that dark reddish colour.
Joining is a bit boring but nice to see it coming together.


A couple of evenings I couldn't get warm so I snuggled under the duvet to crochet.
Bella has liked this arrangement very much! 


Squirrel!

Time for me to introduce you to Cyril the Squirrel.
Not the best photo and goodness once I saw this photo I cleaned my window!
This little character has been visiting my outside planter as I work
at my desk and he really is a highlight in my day.


I've done a little research into what squirrels eat so on his menu today
is some pumpkin seeds and chopped apple.
I know I may regret this as squirrels are destructive - 
(they ate all my tree blossom last year),
but his character and cuteness (and anything to make me 
look away from my work screen) has won me over.

Garden is still somewhat messy but I did go out and prune one of my 
clematis this week.
I watched a Monty video and I'm fairly confident I've done it correctly.
We shall see.

Telly

This time of year I think my viewing hours double.

The Nevers - Sky Atlantic/Now

A group of Victorian women suddenly gain mysterious powers and go up against 
a relentless stream of enemies to fulfil their mission which could change the world.


Yes seriously - it is like Marvel meets Charlotte Bronte! 
But actually I loved it - it's all a bit mysterious and then the final 
episode explains everything. 
Lots of well known faces pop up.

Dexter - New Blood - Sky Atlantic/Now
Dexter Morgan, a man with homicidal tendencies. 
He used to work as a forensic technician for the police department 
during the day and kill heinous perpetrators in his free time.


Can you tell I've got Now TV on an offer at the moment?!
Just a £1 a month for the Entertainment channel so I'm making the most of it.

I watched the original series of Dexter back in 2012 when I had my shop,
I remember sitting in the back room making pretty things while he 
chopped up bodies!  The fact that he kills nasty people makes it all fine,
well not really - but you actually feel sorry for him at times.
10 years on the series had me riveted so another recommendation
from me if you are not squeamish.

I've also been listening to many Audible books too which induces sleep
like nothing else - problem is I have to keep restarting chapters.
One book takes quite a while.
I am currently on book 12 of the Agatha Raisin series read by the 
wonderful Penelope Keith.

And that has been my week so far.
So quiet on the home front - so busy on the work front.
I am craving Spring so I can fill my Friday Chat Day with 
flower photos.

This weekend - catching up with family 
and possibly a clothes shopping trip with Mitchell as he is starting
his new job shortly and actually has to go into an office for training.

Take care friends and wishing you a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you for another little chat.
My card kit arrived yesterday thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Great catch up on all your news. I hope the squirrel isn’t too destructive.

Michele

Christine said...

Cyril visits my feeders and is so entertaining. He took one of the fat balls right out of its container and ran all the way down the garden with it in his mouth one day. Froze when he saw me watching him through the window, but then he was gone. The entertainment value outweighs the damage for me.

Jackie Durrant said...

Hi Christine, I can understand why you love your squirrel so lets hope you don't come to regret feeding him!! Love the colours in your Kath Kidson inspired blanket and your cushion is going to look great when finished. I won't take you up on your tv watching recommendations though thank you!! Have a good weekend xx

Littlelamb said...

Great catchup today. Enjoy Cyril and Squirrel. Looking forward to seeing the crochet blanket finished. Love the colours. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely chat update. You are honoured to be asked to go 'clothes shopping' with your Son. He obviously values your opinion of what is appropriate for the office scene. Whilst Squirrels are cute; I wouldn't want one in my garden. Loved the Dexter series but alas we don't subscribe to the channel it's now on; hey ho. Have a good weekend/week. WakeyL

karenlotty said...

Love the chat Your crochet is very pretty I like the joining up It’s the sewing in the ends I hate
Is “bunny” a cross stitch I can’t tell on my phone and my dodgy eyesight
I’m doing knitting at the moment I am attempting to make Bernard from Nudinits
I don’t have Sky etc so can’t watch the shows you’re suggesting I am enjoying The Great Pottery Throwdown I love programmes where they have one brief and see how different the creations are
Take care x

karenlotty said...

Whoops Just seen bunny is a latch hook Doh!

hazel young said...

Congrats on getting there with the bunny and the charity kit sell out. Love the Cath Kidston inspired blanket, the colours remind me of ice cream. Bella looks so cute and snuggly. Love the squirrel, so cute. TV, I Like the sound of the Nevers. I watched the original Dexter too, good show. Have a great week stay safe xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...