Friday 18 February 2022

Friday Chat Day

 Hello friends

Happy Friday to you all. Good week so far?
Hope you haven't been blown away.

Welcome to squirrel central.


I now have many squirrels flying about the garden.
I think Cyril the squirrel went back to Squirrel HQ and said
"there's sunflower seeds at No. 5!"
I'm now calling them Cyril & Co.
I had no idea they could climb walls - very agile on the pebble-dashing.


They are proving to be a source of entertainment to the cats.
Thankfully they are not showing any interest in chasing them.
Lily nestled among my blooming hyacinths
and if you squint Pixel is outside on the table.

And yes, still grubby windows - I am resisting the urge to clean the 
conservatory windows as they will only get dirty again when kitchen is installed.
It isn't hard to resist believe me!


I feel quite sorry for all wildlife at the moment with these storms
hence the extra sunflower seeds.

Crochet

Not much progress on my Cath Kidston inspired blanket due to running
out of the blue joining yarn.  Some arrived yesterday so I can crack on with
joining the remaining 40 squares and the border.
I am really happy with it though and thoroughly enjoyed how simple
traditional granny squares are.


Whilst I was waiting for the blue yarn to arrive I made a start on
some solid granny squares using very posh yarn by my standards.
They are dinky squares and will eventually be joined with plain cream
squares to create a battenburg blanket design. 


These are nice little projects whilst indulging in plenty of telly viewing.
Talking of which...

Telly

BBCiPlayer - This Is Going to Hurt
Based on the best-selling memoir of the same name,
the series follows junior doctor Adam Kay in his chaotic job in 
Obstetrics and Gynaecology.

All episodes available and starring Ben Whishaw.
Wow - this packs a punch.
Be prepared to laugh and cry - excellent viewing.
Mr Whishaw appears to be able to turn his hand to many characters
including the voice of Paddington which is perfect.

BritBox - Magpie Murders
 Set in 1950s and today, the story focuses on the murder of a mystery author
 and utilises a story within a story format.


I mentioned a week or so ago this was coming and I was
really looking forward to it having read the book.
It really is a clever format.
I binged watched it and I wasn't disappointed.
Lesley Manville is perfect as Susan.
My only criticism is that if felt too short, six episodes just wasn't enough.
If you don't have BritBox then I definitely recommend the book.


In other news:

My work continues to be busy.
I am still working from home which has been agreed due to the fact
that I've got a dodgy hip and hopefully getting an op soon.
It has stopped me doing quite a bit of stuff - house, garden, Bella walking
so it will be good to be back to 'normal' at some point.


I fear this op could jeopardise timing of the new kitchen but we will see,
it certainly isn't the end of the world if I have to postpone it but
it may mean I have to clean those windows! 

Take care friends, keep safe with these storms and have
a lovely weekend.



7 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you for the Friday chat.
It is great fun to watch the wild life.
I hope your "op" goes well.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

hazel young said...

Lovely photo's Christine. Love the sound of the Battenburg Blanket although I don't like the cake. I have recorded This Is Going To Hurt, but not watched it yet, but it sounds like a fab watch. I have seen Magpie Murders advertised this is my jam, although I haven't got Britbox. Hope you get your hip sorted soon as I know how frustrating it is not being able to do things. Have a great week stay safe and I hope the storm isn't too bad for you xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my! it sounds like you could be overrun with Squirrels soon. Sorry to hear about your hip; oh the joys of ageing. When you decide to clean your windows (after all renovations have been completed) can I suggest a window formula which gives a really fantastic result and is long lasting. I got it off the internet (believe this was on a Pinterest feed) and some of the instructions are for outside windows. I sprayed my windows to rinse with water and used a handheld window vac.
* 2 cups water
* 1/4 cup white vinegar
* 1/2 tsp dish soap (washing up liquid in our world)
Add above to a spray bottle in the above order.
Spray windows
Sponge windows
Rinse with water and walk away - should be streak free

Have a great weekend. Keep safe from the storm.

WakeyL



Carolyn said...

I wish you the best of luck if you have any tulips planted , I kept planting them and couldn’t understand whey they weren’t coming up , then found it was the squirrels eating them , since we got rid of the squirrels I can have tulips , hurrah .xx

christi said...

hello,
don't worry about the hip surgery. it will only keep you down for a little while. the relief that you get will be amazing. the longer you put it off the longer you will be in pain for. as nike says "just do it". wishing you well.

karenlotty said...

Great chat Those squirrels are cheeky As soon as I saw your photo Mission Impossible music came into my head 🤣
I love the crochet I am lagging behind with mine
I have This is Going to Hurt recorded I might binge watch it this evening
Take care

Littlelamb said...

Love the blanket so far Christine. Looks lovely. Also,the new one you have started. Hope you didn’t have any damage yesterday. Sorry didn’t comment yesterday but the wind was so loud blowing down the chemneyni just couldn’t settle to anything. Spent day reading. There were things I wanted to do but some people not far from us had power cuts so didn’t want to be in middle of baking and lost power. Hope you hip operation goes well when you have it. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...