Tuesday 12 February 2019

Back to the cabin...

Hello friends

Today is a serious craft day in the cabin,
then I will have some things to show you! 

I still don't think I've got to crafty grips with 2019, 
being poorly set me back and I've been playing truant
trying out other crafts which has been fun but distracting. 

What I have managed to do is set up quite a lot of workshops 
which are now detailed on my Spellbinders on Tour page here.


I've got regular workshops here in Gravesend and also over the
Thames in Basildon, Essex.
Along with those you can find me in Bury St Edmunds  next month,
Peterborough in April and Lyndhurst in September.
Possibly more venues coming too.
If you live nearby any of these it would be so nice to see you,
guaranteed lots of crafty makes, chatter and laughter! 

Also what has set me back a little is having some decorating
done at home. We live in a very small house but to have the lounge/diner
decorated has been a big upheaval.  


Pleased to report it should be finished tomorrow and
I can get back to normal after what has been nearly 5 weeks,
relishing the thought of sitting on a sofa!

Thank you to those who have asked after my Mum,
she is recovering slowly.  She has quite a few other conditions that
hinder her getting fully back on her feet and she has lost a lot of weight.
She reads my blog and comments and I know she's very touched
by you asking about her.  I've told her she's got to be up and running 
around as she likes to come along to my workshops and I need her help! 

OK so rather than me talk about it I need to get to it!
It's a chilly one here in Kent so the heater will be on full in 
the crafty cabin and I'll be cranking that Platinum handle furiously.

Take care friends.









15 comments:

Melonie Pickering said...

It's a shame I don't live closer as I would love to do a workshop.... but I shall just keep plodding on for now. I'm glad your Mum is getting better and that you are getting on ok too... have fun in the cabin :-)

Chris said...

So glad you are getting back to normal Christine, and hope your Mum continues well on her recovery.
I’m going to try to get to the Bury Workshop in March, love your workshops.
Have a lovely crafting day in the cabin
Chris xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Hope you get lots of crafting done.
Pleased to hear mum is improving.
Lydia
X

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to hear from you and to know that both you and your Mum are progressing in the right direction. Although overall we have had quite a mild winter it has been quite astounding how many people have been unwell. Sadly I am in the North of England so coming to a workshop may be a bit of a stretch on the craft budget. Looking forward to seeing your inspiration. WakeyL

Jackie Durrant said...

Hi Christine, sadly we all seem to be "chasing our tails" I've seen that you are coming to Bury on 9th March but I shall be in Kent seeing my mum that week so won't be back for the workshop. I'm sure you will have a lovely time though. So pleased your mum is feeling a bit better and hopefully the warmer weather coming will boost her spirits. The daffodils and hyacinths in the garden are thrusting through now and the snowdrops and crocuses have appeared. Take care now, best wishes Jackie xx

Mary Anne Komar said...

Please give a warm hello from near Seattle, Washington near Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier! You can Google those Beautiful mountains to see them. Also we have a foot of snow and maybe more, very unusual. My husband Jeff and I lived in England for 3 years and outside of Dublin for 2. Loved both people and places so much! Hope you are getting healthier now.xx

karenlotty said...

Unfortunately I live too far away to get to one of your workshops- a real shame
Loved Friday’s die day I forget to just emboss only with dies Your card is so effective

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Christine, you are a busy lady. Your renos will be a welcome treat once finished, that is for sure but in the meantime at least you have that amazing little cabin to escape too. That couldn't possibly be a bad thing! LOL
I am happy to hear your Mum is doing better and I am sure she will be helping you out before you know it! (HI MUM!) Stay inside and recover while it is so cold out. Spring is coming and it will be nice to be feeling better then so you will be able to go out and enjoy it

hazel young said...

Glad to hear you and your mum are on the road to recovery. Your workshops are too far for me, unfortunately. Have a great day hope the cabin isn't too cold xx Hazel

Littlelamb said...

Glad you Nd your mum are getting better. Enjoy your day in the CAbin. Would love to do a workshop but too far.😟

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine ,I know where you are coming from all the decorating and that nasty cough , but hey ho as long as you are feeling better and the decoration is nearly there you will soon be back to normal and hopefully get some me time .
Lots of hugs for your Mum xxxx
Elaine H X

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, So glad that your Mum is improving, albeit slowly, but 'improving' is in the right direction, my love and huge hugs to her.
I hope your day in the cabin was productive.
I don't envy you having to put up with having the upheaval at home with the decorating.
I got my order from you yesterday, thank you.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
So glad to read your Mum is on the mend.
I hope you will have time to relax in your new lounge.
The days are getting longer and we shall soon be warmer.
Stay cosy and have fun Kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Glad to hear the decorating is almost complete & that your Mum is recovering.

Unfortunately I live too far away to be able to attend one of your workshops.

Michele

Christine said...

I empathise with the decorating. I shall be back crafting today after five weeks or more.....so excited!
Pleased to hear about Mum... (((hugs))) from me to you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...