Friday 20 July 2018

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

If you've been following us on social media you will have seen
the new stencils we are stocking, we've been sharing the new designs everywhere!
We feel very privileged that right now we are the only outlet for these.
For this week's Friday Die Day I thought I would combine the Tree stencil
with one of my favourite Spellbinders dies - 



I placed the stencil onto a piece of white card and fixed down with removable tape.

(Optional: it is possible to emboss with these stencils through the Platinum.
The sandwich I used was cutting plate, stencil, card, card shim and another cutting plate.
I would recommend you test a combination of shims as machines differ,
my Platinum 6 did not need an extra shim, possibly because it is a newer machine).

I selected a script stamp, I find stamps with a foam backing work really well
and stamp onto a softer surface, that way you can really get the stamping into 
the open areas. 


This stamp isn't quite wide enough but that's not a problem,
just stamp in the missed areas, do not worry about aligning either, I didn't!


Keeping the stencil in place I've gone over with a blending tool and distress ink.


The reveal! 


I then die cut Ornamental Arch from white card and used the same colour 
distress ink - Walnut Stain.


Using my E-Z Runner Grand - 
(I love this, so much adhesive and the refills last ages!)
I affixed the stencilled image onto two mats - teal card and silver foil card.


Placed one die cut across.


Onto the arch die cut affixed 3D Foam Squares to the reverse.
Also die cut my signature little flowers in matching teal card :) 


Positioned the arch die cut.


Finishing touch, adding the little flowers with gemstones to the middle
and a tiny 'Thanks' sentiment.



And here's an image you may like to Pin :) 


Items used today with clickable links:

Ornamental Arch (Price reduced)

Take care friends, have a smashing weekend.

17 comments:

Chris said...

Wow Christine, that card is amazing, and a great idea with the script stamp too.
Happy Friday
Chris xx

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine
A fantastic card ,loving the ideas and the colours are just up my street.
Have a lovely weekend .
Elaine H X

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Wow a Brilliant card, thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

hazel young said...

Fantastic card Christine, love the stencil and die set used xx hazel

CraftyCoffey said...

WOW-fantastic Card. Love everything about it.

Michele

karenlotty said...

This is gorgeous I love how you’ve stamped and inked through the stencil
I hope you don’t mind but I might have a little “play” in Serif and see if I can come up with something similar to be able to use behind the die cut

margaret driscoll said...

Hello Christine
Love how you have coloured these sets and I did think about embossing!
Hope the weekend will be nice and not to hot!
Love Marg

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine
Beautiful card.
Lydia
X

Laura O said...

Beautiful card Christine great use of stencil and stamping. Laura O Springfield

Laura O said...

Beautiful card Christine love the great use of stencil and stamping .Laura O Springfield

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, Such a beautiful technique and a beautiful effect, I love this !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Brenda said...

Hello Christine, brilliant card, so much detail, thank you for the inspiration, love Brenda xx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Christine. Thank you for sharing this with us. Love the stencil.

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
A great card today, and aren’t the stencils lovely.

Lynda's craft's said...

Hi Christine gorgeous card I love what you have done with the mask today.its lovely.
Hug's Lynda xx

CraftyJo said...

This is lovely Christine :)

Betty McAlister said...

Hi Christine. I'm playing catch up. A gorgeous card. Great idea to use the stamp behind the tree and Also to put the arch die cut over the top, Brings the tree to life xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...