Friday 6 February 2015

Friday Die Day - Part One!

Hello friends

It's Friday Die Day - wow they come around so quickly!
This week I am featuring Hearts and Flutter -
this is a two piece die set and the approximate measurements are:

Butterfly: 1⅛ x 1¼“
Heart: 2⅞ x 2⅜“

This is how they look cut/embossed - so pretty,
that butterfly is calling to me...!
I've chosen to use the 'Flutter' die this week - look out for FDD - Part Two
featuring the 'Heart'!
 
I've teamed the butterfly with Labels Three.
Cut/embossed three sets.
I then selected three pastel pieces of patterned paper from my scrap box.
Placed a piece behind each Labels die cut.
Affixed to my card front with 3D Foam Squares, added a stamped sentiment in the corner.
I then reinserted the butterflies, just applying adhesive to the body part so
the wings could fly!
A very clean and simple card today but it truly shows off the die cuts.
Heart and Flutter is available on the website here.
 
I've got a busy kit-making weekend ahead.  I'm off to Birmingham next weekend
for the big craft trade show "Stitches" at the NEC.
I'm going to be demonstrating and meeting up with Stacey Caron and Kim Hupke
from Spellbinders so lots of fun too.
 
Have a great weekend everyone, keep nice and warm.
Take care friends.

22 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
Ohh this is a lovely die set, one for the wish list I think. I like the idea of using up some scraps too.
Have a good day
Lesley

ElizabethS said...

Hi Christine, this is really pretty. I love the cleanness of it. Lovely.
Have a lovely weekend.
Elizabeth x

Chris said...

Hi Christine,
I love the card, so clean and simple, but so effective too. The heart die looks lovely too, I look forward to seeing what you on with that.
Chris x

Sue Jones said...

wow - love that effect- will definately be having a go.

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. What a pretty CAS card. I must be honest and say that the die didn't call to me but seeing it cut and used has opened my eyes : ) I hope the weekend goes well and you have a great time at the show. Take care.

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Today's card is really lovely,the simplicity and clean lines are perfect.
I hope you have a good weekend getting your kits ready for Birmingham. Take care. x.

PharmacyMichele said...

Such a pretty card & simple to make.

Michele

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, Lovely dies, gorgeous papers under, and then filigree on top, beautiful !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely set of dies, and your card is so pretty, love it.
Lydia
X

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, Very pretty die set and the card is so pretty too. love Jean Z xxx

Sandra said...

Good morning Christine,
Clean and simple cards are just simply stunning!
Your design is as usual brilliant, you seen to be able to just make the most stunning cards look so easy and achievable by all.
Thank you Christine, I have to say the boards for the new Spellbinders look fab on Create and Craft, so well done, did you do any of the cards and projects on the shows?
Have a great weekend with the boys,
Love and hugs
Sandra xxxxx

hazel young said...

Lovely die set Christine. Love what you have done with part 1 of the die. gorgeous simple clean lined card. xx hazel

AnneRD said...

What a 'simple' but effective card Christine, so pretty. Anne x

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a beautiful and creative card Christine. The dies are really pretty.
Amelia

SusanP, Kent said...

Fantastic! I love this simple look. A great way to use up those little bits of pretty paper. Did you write the sentiment (if so I am so jealous of your handwriting) or is it a stamp.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely simple and elegant card, I do love your sentiment too, such a nice font. do you use stamps, (if so who makes them) or do you have beautiful writing?
Have a lovely weekend.
Carole N x

Laura O said...

wow,like this card with the butterflies in and without them ,Laura O

LoraineC said...

What a dainty butterfly I love the simplicity of the card. My charity kit arrived today so hopefully will have a play this weekend. X

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. I would never have thought of combining the dies in this way, but that is why I look to you.
Thanks
Janice W

Anonymous said...

How come my brain doesn't think like that with dies. Really fantastic pretty card xx

Janice said...

What a lovely set of dies, your card is gorgeous. CAS cards are my favourite! Looking forward to seeing what you make with the heart die.
Janice x

Carole Z said...

HI Christine, I'm on a bit of a blog catch up as I've been crafting and not blogging this week, lol...saw this on FB first and it is fabulous, what a lovely die set and I so love how you used it! Hugs Carole Z X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...