Wednesday 25 January 2012

Six Ways With Lace..No. 3

Welcome Blogland to a sort of a whimsical card today...
I've gone pastels and lilacs.  The lace feature is the rough cut circles, again redundant net curtaining.
Spray with glimmer mists and add a gemstone to the middle.  
It actually looks better if the lace frays a little more, I perhaps wasn't distressing enough that day!
I've added a pin, Lacey Circles, a gemstone swirl and a tiny tag 
(I purchase these small tags from the stationery shop in bags of 100, 
why I feel the need to buy about ten bags at a time only fellow crafters will appreciate!)
Only the two butterflies today....!
Back tomorrow with lace technique number 4 and a give-away.
Take care friends.

12 comments:

Hellma said...

Truly stunning Christine, love the feel of the background paper, and just love the net curtain.

Carole Z said...

A really lovely card Christine,,very tranquil - all the colours work very well. Loving these lacey cards, Carole Z x

Missmizog said...

Hi Christine
Another stunner.
Sue

Kate said...

Love it!

Lucycat said...

Another lovely card,I really like the lace. x.

Redanne said...

Another beautiful card Christine, love the butterflies (of course) and the lace - nice idea. I understand your need to buy in bulk......Regards, Anne Rx

nzillingworth said...

Very deicate and pretty card, i feel spring has sprung with the colours. Good job.

lockedinmycraftroom said...

Beautiful card Christine, love the colours.
Chris

Craftychris said...

So gorgeous! I am so enjoying this lace series - thank you xxx

melanie said...

beautiful card Melanie

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Christine,
I recently bought a fancy off cut of net curtaining, using most of it for the glitter method, the piece I had left I managed to cut into 10x1metre lengths of lace ribbons plus smaller shapes like roses, diamonds and 'Circles'. Layering them is lush and you are right they look fab when fraying. Very rustic.
I like to use colour to tint the edges only, leaving the centers aged white or cream (if pure white netting I use antique linen DI to age it.
Isn't it fab the things you can adorn your cards with?!
All the best Linda

Sandra Riley.... said...

Lovely card again today, love the gemstone swirl, very girly x
Huge hugs
Sandra Riley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...