Friday, 31 July 2015

Friday Die Day

Friday, 31 July 2015
Hello friends

Welcome to Friday Die Day and this week it is majestic...Majestic Oval.
This die set comprises of three dies and the approximate measurements are:

1: 2⅜ x 1⅜”
2: 3⅜ x 2⅜”
3: 4⅛ x 5⅜”

This is how it looks cut/embossed.
I chose to use die templates 2 and 3, stamped 'Thinking of You' on the smaller one.
My card base is white card, patterned paper (scrap box) and rounded the corners.
Flowers are...yes Marisa's Bouquet (now back in stock).
Assembled my flowers and mounted the oval with 3D Foam Squares.
The finished card - I kept it fairly neutral.
I like to do this with more intricate dies so it doesn't detract from their beauty.
Pearls to the flower centres, always makes them pop.
Close up pics.

Today thanking Elliott for all his watermarking skills.

He deals with all of those things, I email them all off to him (he's in the next room!)
and they come back organised and watermarked - a pretty good service.
I just need him to start typing blog posts...
I could lay on the sofa and dictate...Barbara Cartland style! only kidding!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
Take care friends.

Thursday, 30 July 2015

Busy busy!

Thursday, 30 July 2015
Hello friends

Just stopping by to say a quick hello, blog posts have been a little 
erratic this week as I've been a busy bee.  In fact I can't believe it's Wednesday already -
I mean Thursday!! Goodness it's even worse...

In between here is my co-worker, actually not doing a great deal of work!
She is checking out some of the new Christmas dies,
they are trickling into stock now on the website.
Also please continue to check the pre-loved dies on the website,
some more going on later today.

I'm about to head out the door to my City job for two days but please stop by
tomorrow for Friday Die Day.

Hope your week is going well, take care friends.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Acanthus Chandelier

Tuesday, 28 July 2015
Hello friends

Today a contrast from colour I'm going monotone!
Well sort of...ivory and black.
I thought I would try out the Acanthus Chandelier die.
This is a sort of mini Friday Die Day on a Tuesday...hope that doesn't confuse
anyone - it's bound to confuse me! :)

This is how it looks cut/embossed.
I've used 6 x 6 Matting Basics to create my base card, 
cream matting and attached some embroidered fancy black ribbon
and stamped Congratulations in bottom right hand corner.
More 6 x 6 Matting Basics used for black card with Anna Griffin - Lovely Layers paper
and black card with ivory linen card for my die cut.
It was then just a case of layering all the layers!
I applied a few sparkly gemstones to the die cut too.
Not my usual style of card but I enjoyed making it.
Have a lovely day - take care friends.

Monday, 27 July 2015

Simple, fresh, white, pink and green!

Monday, 27 July 2015
Hello friends

Hope you all had a good weekend and escaped the rain,
Saturday was ok but Sunday was not a day for getting the washing dry.

A simple fresh crisp white, pink and green card today using
Victorian Bow.
There's two dies to the set, I've used the larger one for my card.
The flower is Flower Play and stamped with the coordinating Flower Play stamps,
nice that you get the leaves with this set too.
And...both the Flower Play dies and stamps are now in the Summer Sale on the website!
'With Love' is Sentiments 3.
Had a lovely time demoing at Crafts U Love in Surrey,
first time I have visited this shop and it's located in beautiful countryside.
As it was the shop's 9th birthday a marquee had been erected,
there were lots of demos, raffle, auction and cake!
 And this was my demoing spot ...
Next demos are taking place the weekend 8th and 9th August.
I'm going to be at Sir Stampalot in Peterborough on the Saturday and
you can find me at the Great British Craft Festival in Warwickshire on the Sunday...
hope to see you there.

Take care friends.

Saturday, 25 July 2015

Just before I go...

Saturday, 25 July 2015
Hello friends

Just before I head off to Surrey to demo today I am sharing a card with you
using Gothic Strip.
I have to admit this die didn't jump out at me at first but once I started
playing with it I thought...oh yes I like it!
I've also used...yes you've guessed it - Marisa's Bouquet (adore the butterflies)
and the label shape is  Labels Thirty Eight.
A leaf from Romantic Blooms One crept in...found it on my craft desk!
Gothic Strip also fits perfectly on a chocolate wrapper :)
Feel free to take a look at the dies in more detail on the website and
you may want to glanced at the pre-loved section, a few more added.

Take care friends, hoping you have a dry weekend -
the rain has stopped here after it bucketed it down yesterday all day!
Bella not impressed!

Friday, 24 July 2015

Friday Die Day

Friday, 24 July 2015
Hello friends

Friday? Already??
I think it must be so here's this week's Friday Die Day.
I'm featuring Victorian Arch, this die is a clear example of you really need to
see the die cut to get an idea of how lovely it is.

There are two dies in the set and the approximate measurements are:

Inset: 5⅜ x 2⅝”
Border: 5½ x 3⅜”
This is how it looks cut/embossed.
I'm having a little bit of an obsession with using white card all the time!
Other die cuts - Sprigs, Sentiments 3 and Marisa's Bouquet.
 My card base is white card with Arcadia papers,
Lightly inked my flowers and foliage.
Positioned Victorian Arch die cut and affixed with 3D Foam Squares.
I then added the inked bits and bobs, a few pearls and finished.
A close up pic.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,
I'm off to Crafts U Love in Charlwood, Surrey tomorrow,
it's the store's 9th birthday, there's going to be an auction, raffle and lots of demos so
please pop along if you can.

Take care friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Content © Christine Emberson. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2012 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design, code or photos is strictly prohibited.