Friday 13 May 2022

Friday Chat Day

 Hello friends

Apologies for the current erraticness of my blog posts, this hip
business has been far more protracted than I anticipated.

This week I have some photos of the garden to share with you,
Elliott popped out there and took some snaps and these warmed my 
heart, although it is messy the flowers (mainly Clematis, my favourite) 
definitely give it the garden a colour boost.

Kimico Clematis
Super proud of this, it was a tiny struggling thing for two years
and has now found its feet (roots).


Montana Clematis
Most probably the easiest to grow variety and spreads easily.


The metal bench covered in Montana.


I would normally by now have planted a few tomato
plants but decided that I will have to give certain things a miss.
'This time last year' memories keep popping up on my phone
and I realise I've got a lot to do once I am able to.
(I often wonder if those memory jolts are good for you?)

This plant is a rarer variety!
He has taken to sleeping in the tree pot.


As mentioned, Mitchell has now left home
so the ratio of pets to adults is definitely unbalanced.
I feel very loved with the two cats and Bella all vying for my attention.
As you can see Pixel seems very unperturbed. 


Bella is confused.  She gets very excited by any visitors,
she was overjoyed when the postman made a fuss of her this week.


So what else have I been up to?
Well, not a great deal.
I keep thinking - imagine having all this time off work and being able
to get around - I could have done so much.
But I guess that is why it is recuperation time.
Very thankful to the telly - Britbox has been my favourite streaming 
channel by far and Father Brown has been the perfect easy-going viewing.


I have this week felt like doing some crochet so picked up
my battenburg blanket and worked on more squares.


The blanket is going to be 16 squares x 16 squares so a total of 256,
that's a lot of ends!
It is a nice project to pick up whenever I feel like it, I'm very much tortoise as
opposed to hare at the moment.

And that's my news at the moment, a lot of indoors
punctuated with hospital trips and physio.
I will be back soon but until then...
wishing you a sunshiny lovely weekend.

Take care friends.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you’re improving and lovely photos. Take care and try not to do too much.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I love your posts and seeing your animals, if anything they keep you motivated and give you lots of loving. Our dog is called Merlot after a well known tipple.

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I had a major op some years ago which required months away from work and was very frustrated at not being able to do things; so I get where you're coming from. Steady progress will get you there, rush it and you could ruin all your hard work to date. WakeyL

hazel young said...

Lovely photos, good to hear you have picked up the crochet. Take it easy xx

Jackie Durrant said...

Hello Christine it's good to hear you are taking your recuperation slowly and not trying to rush things. It must seem strange being on your own now with the menagerie but you'll soon get used to it. The clematis all look very healthy so your previous ministrations were all good. Enjoy the sunshine over the weekend and enjoy your crochet. Love from Jackie xx

Littlelamb said...

Thank you for the blog today. It does take time to recover from these operations. Slowly slowly. It’s strange being on your own isn’t it. Takes a bit of getting used to. I haven’t done any crochet for a while. Problem with hands. Love your blanket. Love your clematis. Take care.x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you for the lovely photos.
I am glad your recovering now it all takes
time and rest.
Take care Kitty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...