Tuesday 20 December 2022

It has been a while...

 Hello friends

It has been a while, a long while since I visited you in blogland
and I hope this long overdue post finds you all festive and well.

What a year! 
I'll get all the horrible news out the way first...
It has been a sloooow road to recovery with my new hip and gall bladder removal
 but I feel at last I'm on the right path - 
I've now started driving again and getting around a bit more normally.

The main news and what has occupied me is my boy,
Elliott has unfortunately been very unwell.
Rushed into hospital with sepsis, he spent time in ITU and then moved to a ward.
We are still discovering what could have happened, various thoughts that
three hospitals are arguing out - his brain tumour saying hello again,
a pituitary bleed among other things.  
He came home to stay and thankfully is recovering and due to go
back to work in the New Year.
So all in all - most definitely what a year!! 

And now some nicer stuff that happened this year:

I am typing this from a new office, 
yes, I have a home office now, no longer parked in the dining room.
I'm currently working 4 days a week from home
returning to hybrid working in the office in January.
It took quite a bit of work to get to this, completely re-plastered, painted,
boiler cupboard built.
My new home office when tidy...


 My work colleagues on the other side of the room...


It makes a big difference having these little characters with me during the day,
although I have to say Bella gets a little too enthusiastic on Teams calls.

Oh yes - talking of Bella she didn't want to miss out on drama this year and had
to have an op on her eye - she recovered perfectly 
as opposed to the human recovering from paying the bill!

Mum celebrated a big birthday. 
This was obviously before the snow! 
It was a lovely day.  
Mum, bless her, still has lots of hospital appointments.


What has kept me sane is my tiny garden.
I threw myself into growing, planting and reading about growing and planting.


First time I've grown plants from seeds and plugs,
I'm still learning and trying to remember to make notes so I don't 
make the same mistakes next year.  Monty makes it all look easy.


Solar fairy lights are the way forward everyone, 
if I had a larger garden it would be festooned.
These little ones from Amazon - bargain and lasting very well. 


I invested in a greenhouse, I say "invested" it was £10 - it has 
done me proud and protected plants from all the recent snow,
funny how a small spend can give you a lot of joy.


Once Autumn arrived and then the snow it put pay to my gardening escape 
so I figured it was time for me to finally pick up my crochet hook.
I started the Attic 24 Fireside Blanket which I am enjoying.
The colours are indeed warming on these very dark evenings.


Photo bombed by Bella.

And putting up my tree takes a ridiculous amount of time and yes,
it is wonky again.


Well my friends, it has been nice to sit down and say hello to you all again.
Lots of thanks to those who have been reaching out with messages and emails,
received at a time when they were appreciated far more than you could know.

I want to wish you all a joyous Christmas and the 
happiest and healthiest of New Years.  

I will be back - I promise! 

Much love.
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read this Christine. I’m glad you are on the road to recovery. Sending hugs to you and Elliott. ❤️
Elaine M xx

Margie Higuchi said...

My dear Christine!! What a year and let's get rid of it for good in a couple of weeks. LOL! So relieved to read that you are heading to recovery - wish you a strong one at that. Sending so much love + healthy vibes to Elliot. Here's to a MUCH BETTER YEAR in 2023, my friend! Holiday cheers to you and your family!! MargieH xo

Carolyn Chilton said...

So sorry to hear about all your troubles, I have really missed your blogs . So pleased to hear that you and Elliott are well on the mend , it must have been a very worrying time for you . With love and wishes for a good 2023.xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi Christine.
So glad you are all on the mend now. Happy Christmas and good health for 2023 Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine
Goodness-so sorry to read that Elliot has been so poorly , glad he’s recovering and soon to go back to work. I hope you are doing Ok?
Lovely to see the garden & crochet plus Bella!

Michele

Chris said...

OMG Christine,
So sorry you’ve had such a rough year, but glad you and Elliott are on the mend, take care of yourselves.
Merry Christmas
Chris 💗

Wendy said...

Lovely to read a blog from you, they have been missed. It’s been quite a year from you all. Blessings to you for a better 2023.

Jackie Durrant said...

Hello Christine so nice to read all your news though sorry that Elliot has been so poorly as well. Your garden seems to have thrived so I hope you have the time to keep it going next year. Your new blanket is looking good, the autumn coloured one I bought from you has been my friend these past few weeks, it's so lovely and warm. Have a lovely Christmas and look forward to a better 2023 xx

ali said...

How lovely to see you online again, so sorry that your son has been ill but hopefully on the mend, hope you have a lovely christmas and a healthy new year x

karenlotty said...

Oh my! What a year No wonder you’d like to see 2022 end Here’s hoping 2023 is a better one I hope you and Elliott continue to get well Take care and good to see you back

hazel young said...

So sorry Christine to hear Elliott has been really poorly but good to hear he is on the mend. Glad you are getting back to good health too. Poor Bella glad she has recovered well and still able to photo bomb and join in with the team meetings. Love your mums cake and photo, she looks good for 80. Those are the greenhouses I use they are a god sent. Nice to hear your garden has been your saviour it looks gorgeous and now the crotchet hook has took over because the weather has changed. Nice office photo with your team members.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and hoping it is a good year for you and your family. xx Hazel

Littlelamb said...

So pleased to see you back Christine. Sorry you have taken so long to recover and that Elliott has been so poorly. Hope he has been able to go back to work. Your garden and the crochet is looking good. I made a friend a crocheted blanket for her birthday in November and she was really glad old it when it was so cold in December. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...