Friday 5 September 2014

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
Today a reminder of how brilliant and versatile Impressabilities are - 
not quite a Friday 'Die' Day but I think I can get away with it! :)
So what are they??
They are flexible metal templates for embossing. 
They come in two sizes 5.5 x 4.5 and also in Grand size measuring 8 x 11 - fantastic for boxes.
I've chosen one of the smaller ones to demonstrate with this Friday - Flowers.

The sandwich is A Base Plate, your Impressabilities, cardstock/paper,
tan embossing mat and B Embossing Plate.
Looks lovely doesn't it...
There are other uses for your Impressabilities.
Use them as a stencil, just rub over gently with some distress ink.
The result is soft and pretty.
You can also apply ink straight onto your Impressabilities, place your cardstock on top, run through with the correct sandwich to create the letter press technique.
The Versa Color ink pads are great for this.
This is the result.
I don't want you all to be too shocked but I'm not making a tag this week!!
It's going to be a little box instead - Square Bracket Edge Box
This is the lid.
The box base is cut from plain dark pink cardstock.
Fold along the embossed box lines, make the creases sharp with a bone folder and
apply adhesive to the tabs. I've been using MyStik as it is brilliant and speedy!
The box assembled.
Not too fussy or busy but I can see an array of these on a dinner/party table.
I have a nice selection of Impressabilities on the website here if you fancy giving
any of these techniques a try.
Have a lovely weekend everyone, let's hope they are not wrong about this mild weather.
Take care.
 



21 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
I have looked at these on your website but was never sure what they were for so thank you for today's blog.
Enjoy your day
Lesley

hazel young said...

Stunning box Christine I have a few impressabilities, must use them more than I do. xx hazel

hazel young said...

Stunning box Christine I have a few impressabilities, must use them more than I do. xx hazel

Chris said...

Very pretty Christine, a lovely way to make the box a little more interesting. I'm making these little boxes in Christmassy paper for chocolates for the Table at Christmas with names on as place settings. Have a good day.
Chris xx

PharmacyMichele said...

The lid to the box looks great, now I want to make lots of boxes! Pity I have to go into work soon-perhaps there will be time at the weekend.

Michele.

Val Jones said...

Hi Christine. I'm the proud owner of one of these Impressabilities and thank you for reminding me what a lovely result i can get with it.
Love Val x

Bea said...

Morning Christine - what a beautiful gift box - I am really enjoying the die day tips on using some of the earlier products as it is a good reminder to revisit them. Have a good weekend
x

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Your box today is really pretty,you have so many great ideas. Thank you for sharing them with us.
I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

Wendy L said...

They look gorgeous. xxxx

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, love the ideas ,I have some and never used them will have to get them out. Thank you . Love Jean Z xxx

Janice said...

Hi Christine
What a versatile 'die' this is, thank you for showing us all that you can do with it.
Love your box, so pretty!
Have a good day.
Janice x

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine
Thank you for todays demo, very informative on something else new to me and a lovely idea .

Have a good day
Elaine H X

Carole Z said...

Thanks for this FDD Christine, your box is stunning and I actually have this impressability...in fact I got it from you a long long time ago and haven't used it in ages! Time for a revisit methinks, hugs Carole Z X

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. Love the box, and the tips on using the Impressabilities.
My pokey tool set and fine tip glue holder arrived yesterday, they are all gorgeous. Thank you, and thanks to your Dad as well for making them : ) I hope he is making a steady recovery.
Yes, I hope the weather forecast is right too!
Take care.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, I'm especially loving the faux letterpress technique on the impressabilities. The combination of pattern and plain for the little box is gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

marg said...

Hello Christine
I haven't bought any of these Dies but I really like how you have used them ! I did buy the smaller plates for my Calibur, and find that I use them a lot, saves all the turning when you have smaller Die .
Have a nice weekend
Love Marg

JJ said...

Love them both Christine especially the box. Wow these would be great for someone planning their own wedding for favours.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Laura O said...

fab box ,love this technique great result ,Laura O

Lacelady said...

I have two of these metal things, bought before I knew what to do with them. I love the idea of making patterned papers/card with them.

Anonymous said...

I love this box die ! Great fdd

Craftychris said...

Fabulous! I had forgotten I have this, now I must play! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...