Friday 28 November 2014

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

Zoom!
Friday Die Days come around so quickly, this week an older die set but a really
useful favourite one of mine.
Charmed I'm Sure

There are a total of 10 dies in the set and these are the sizes:

Sunburst Circle: 1”
Heart Charm: 1⅛ x 1”
Star Charm: 1⅛ x 1⅛”
Triangle Charm: 1⅛ x 1⅛”
Charm Sizes Range From: 1 x ½” to 1⅝ x ½”

Here is how they look cut/embossed.
I cut/embossed a few extra in different colours.
Using a kraft tag I stamped a sentiment to the base, selected two pieces of twine and threaded on a mixture of the mini tags and secured at the back.
I then spaced them out a little more evenly, fixed them in place with 3D Foam Squares
and added tiny flowers and leaves.
I then took the tag outside for some brighter photos, positioned it on the edge of the birdbath....
gust of wind and it fell in!  So here is a slightly soggy tag!
I still thought I would share that photo as I'm sure we've all had 'craft-astrophes'
from time to time!
It's a great die set, either to be used individually or en masse like my tag!

Charmed I'm Sure is available on the website here - discounted too!

Take care friends - have a lovely weekend, I must get around to baking Elliott's cakes -
he has reminded me a few dozen times!

16 comments:

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. What a lovely tag (even the soggy version : ) I would never have thought of using them all together like this, I love it. Have fun baking Elliotts cakes. Take care.

Chris said...

Ha ha, craft- astrophy, I like it and Yes, I have quite a few to say the least. Your tag is lovely and what a shame it got wet. Happy baking, I look forward to seeing the results.
Chris xx

Rosie said...

Another good FDD!

Val Jones said...

Hi Christine. Lovely tag even when it's soggy.
These little dies look very interesting.
Love val in Spain x

hazel young said...

Lovely tag Christine and such a sweet die set xx hazel

Sandra said...

Good morning Christine,
You are so inspirational and have a knack of making the most simple ideas look amazing, who would gave though a "Tag of Tags" could look so effective?!
What kind of cake are you going for?, you can't beat chocolate cake can you? Although I do love Lemon Drizzle and oh Coffee and Walnut! Well I have gone right off my piece of toast now and feel the need to bake!
Crafty hugs to all,
Sandra xxxxx

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely project-lools great. I need to bake a cake (must be chocolate) for hubbys birthday on Sunday-the day i'm at the craft fair! We going out for Fish & Chips after the fair-his choice.

Michele

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, Lovely little dies so handy, Enjoy your baking. love Jean Z xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely tag, the little dies are so sweet.
Enjoy the baking whatever cakes you make I'm sure they will be delicious.
Lydia
X

ros hodgkins said...

Good morning Christine, I like the tiny dies, perfect for one word/name. I can't see much on your page as the system is very slow, all these people shopping on line I expect.
X Ros

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Great FDD love the tag,sorry it got wet but I would not be surprised if you show us a new technique with wet tags,you seem to have ideas that nobody else would think of. Great tutorial. Have a nice day. Take care. x.

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine
Such a lovely quirky tag ,even if it did get wet and soggy,
Have a good bake day

Elaine H X

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
A lovely tag today (even the slightly damp one - oops). I am never quite sure what to do with the little dies but this is a great idea.
My mouth is watering at the thought of cake. might have to make one this weekend.
Take care
Lesley

Lacelady said...

Pretty tags Christine. I'd never have thought of using them as pretty bunting! Suggest a piece of wood or a tray on top of the birdbath, LOL.

ElizabethS said...

Hi Christine, OH NO... I love the way you described it too - "craft-astophe". It is still beautiful. What a lovely idea for the tag.
Elliott is not going to let you forget the baking is he? Hope you both enjoy.
Elizabeth x

Carole Z said...

Lovely FDD and tag, fab idea! Hugs Carole Z X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...