Thursday 27 November 2014

A Healthy Calendar!

Hello friends

So there is no getting away from it - countdown to Christmas!
Today is a tutorial for a little flip calendar, 
something a little less calorific than a choccy advent one!
Cut four rectangle pieces of patterned paper 7 x 4.5 inches, adhere to two pieces of chipboard -
cover both sides.  I used Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium paper.
Ink the edges. 
Cut/emboss Edgeabilities from red cardstock. 
 Cut/emboss Labels Twenty-Two (No.2) from patterned paper. 
Slice off the top notched edges to create a straight top - this will bind better. 
Add numbers - you can print these or use stickers/thickers.
 On a computer, print the message onto cream cardstock (Edwardian Script - font size 55)
 Now to the Layered Poinsettia - I love it!
Cut/emboss from cream cardstock, stencil through with ink.

 I cut/embossed extra to make a fuller flower.
Layer up and brush the edges with ink too.
 Using a Bind It All, punch and bind the two chipboard rectangles and tabs.
If you do not have a binding machine, you can always use metal book rings. 
I added a charm (Bo Bunny) on one tab, an extra decoration when only one number is showing.
 Assemble your project with your printed message, patterned paper, lace and Edgeabilities Strip. 
For the beautiful finishing touch...add your Layered Poinsettia.
Your countdown calendar is finished - now just got to do all the Christmas shopping!
Rain rain go away, it is so soggy walking Bella at the moment, hardly any leaves left on the trees -
Bella quite likes this as squirrels are more visible!
Take care friends and stop by tomorrow - it's FDD already!

16 comments:

Chris said...

A lovely step by step project Christine. I'm making good progress with my Christmas cards now, I just wish I had started earlier but couldn't quite get into the swing of things, but now Christmas is looming I'm feeling a bit more festive. I wish the rain would stop too, I'm having trouble getting my little old dog Misty, to go out at the moment.
Chris xx

Val Jones said...

What a lovely gift this would make.
All my Christmas cards are finally made written and in my case ready for buying stamps and posting when i get to the UK at the weekend. Now I can concentrate on the ones for the Charities here.
Have a lovely day.
Love Val in Spain x

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely project-looks great. 2 days off to make Christmas cards ready for the craft fair on Sunday.

Michele

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. What a lovely Countdown Calender. It is perfect for those that want to tick the days off but don't want a big chocolate Advent type : )
Goodness me, I can't believe it's time for THE photo already! It seems like you were showing the summer one just a few weeks ago! I suppose we should be grateful that we don't have the snow and high wind that parts of America and Canada are getting, but it would be good to have abreak from this rain and dampness. It's true that the damp does "Get into your bones". I could never understand what people meant when they said that when I was much younger. I do now!
Have a good day in the city.
Take care.

hazel young said...

Beautiful calendar Christine xx hazel

nattyboots said...

Such a beautiful project Christine .
All the fields are sodden here too and the fallen leaves always seem to land at my door LOL.
Have a good day .
Elaine H X

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Lovely project todayI can't believe countdown to Christmas is about to happen.
Still raining this morning,it must dry up soon.
I hope you have a good day in your city job. take care.

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
What a lovely countdown calender.
Bet Bella's not bothered about the rain.
Have a good day.
Lydia
X

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
How did that happen? Christmas is now imminent and I have not yet made enough cards. Every year I tell myself that this year will be different but it never is! Perhaps your lovely calender is what I need - starting in January!!
Great tutorial. Now rushing off to make Christmas cards!!
Enjoy your day
Lesley
PS. I hope your first day back at the city job went well.

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, love the project it's beautiful. love Jean Z xxx

Lacelady said...

Brilliant idea Christine! I love it.

ros hodgkins said...

Hello Christine, I like the novel Advent calendar, much better than Chocolate . Can I ask where on your blog I csn find the Paper Mill paper only I have looked and cannot. Knowing me its write under my nose, like my glasses on my head this morning and couldn't find them.
X Ros

babbsy said...

Beautiful sind diese Arbeiten.
Ich schaue immer gern hier vorbei.
Renate

LoraineC said...

Love the tutorial, great idea x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful calendar , such a great idea x

Carole Z said...

Love this idea..fabulous! Hugs Carole Z X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...