Sunday 9 March 2014

Gone to Seed!

Hello friends

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend.
Glad you liked the scrapbook page yesterday.
Janice asked a really good question -
she had noticed that I use a lot of black and white photos as opposed to colour.
This is true!
I do this as it means I have free choice of what colour papers to use.
Although saying that, if I have a photo of say someone wearing a red Christmas jumper,
then tying that in with red papers works beautifully too.

Today something very Spring like and I think a great idea for
Mother's Day or perhaps a gift for any gardener you know.
Also useful for cards/gift tags for men.

A seed packet card...
The seed packet is created from a Spellbinders die template -
you might not have seen this before.


Just occasionally I am able to lay my hands on small quantities of discontinued 
Spellbinders dies, all perfect in their packaging and never been used.
These are very much collector's items so like goldust!
I am delighted to say that I have the seed packets on the website here - 
retro Spellbinders!

Also on my card is Sprigs, Blooms One and the background is created with
Dotted Flowers M-Bossabilities.

Hope you like it, as mentioned I only have a small quantity of these dies
so as the saying goes...once they're gone..they're gone! :)

Just to mention the die has now sold out.
I hope to have more 'retro Spellbinders' soon so please keep stopping by.

Enjoy your Sunday - Mum's cooking roast today, thank you Mum!
Take care friends.

21 comments:

Rosie said...

That Spellbinders die template does look effective. I have just bought some lovely handmade papers at the SECC, which would make a lovely backing paper for this.

Magzeeann said...

Hi Christine,I love this die~ it would certainly be a useful addition to my collection!Enjoy the sunshine and your Sunday roast.Love and hugs,
Maggie x

Chris said...

Lovely card Christine, hopefully Spring has now Sprung, enjoy your roast. Have a lovely day.
Chris xx

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Lovely card today, The sun is out today I hope to do a bit of gardening.
Enjoy your roast dinner. Take care. x.

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love the seed packet card, great for a guy.
Enjoy the sun today and also your roast dinner.
Lydia
X

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine. What a lovely die. Never seen it before and yea what a great card for a gardener.
Enjoy your mums roast dinner.
Love Val in Spain x

pat s witney said...

Hi Christine
The spellbinders die that makes the seed packet looks very effective. Hope you enjoy your sundat roast.

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. What a great card, ideal for a man, but as blinged (not sure if that is a proper word but you know what I mean!) up as you want for a ladies card. I hope you enjoy your roast dinner, and also this wonderful weather that most of us are having today. Isn't it glorious : ) Take care.

Janice said...

Good morning Christine
What a sunny one it is too!
Lovely card today, very unusual and great for men too!
Have a nice day and enjoy your Mum's roast!
Janice x

hazel young said...

Lovely card Christine and love the seed packet die. Hope you get to enjoy the sunshine today xx hazel

Layerlass67 said...

Morning Christine and what a beautiful morning it is! I am jsut awaiting the return of my husband & son from a Murder Mystery W/E in Sussex so going to take a leisurely shower in a mo. Have placed an order for this die as it's great for a man card but I figure you could pretty it up for a lady. I have lamb to put in the oven so must get a move on. Enjoy your day. Gemma xx

Sandra said...

Good morning Christine,
That seed packet die looks very versatile, my husband has an allotment, so would make great card idea for some of our allotment friends!
Hope you and your lovely family are well,
Enjoy your mums roast, tastes so much nice when you haven't cooked it .
Hugs
Sandra

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, lovely card so easy to do,I love the sunshine too hope it's the start of summer. love Jean Z xxxx

SusanP, Kent said...

A lovely card that I'd be very pleased to send to a gardening friend. It's a fabulous sunny, warm morning long may it last! Enjoy your family Sunday.
Sue

ros hodgkins said...

Hello Christine, a really useful card to have, for gardeners. I hope you get out into the sunshine today.
X Ros

baconbits said...

Afternoon Christine
Stunning card - to late for me to get the die.
Enjoy the roast and also the sunshine
TFS
Hugs
Amanda x

Lacelady said...

Great concept for a card Christine, and enjoy your lunch, cooked by Mum.

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, this die looks great, I have seen it used on some US blogs I think...love your card! Carole Z X

Laura O said...

lovely card ,hope you have a nice dinner .Laura O

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, What a fabulous idea, and you could put a packet of seeds in the pocket too, genius. I'm liking the embossing folder too.
I hope you enjoyed your lunch. I spent the afternoon gardening the front and the back, and now my back is complaining bitterly haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...