Friday 7 March 2014

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
Friday Die Day and I'm continuing with the new Create A Flower dies.
This week it is Sunflower.
There are 8 die templates in this set but, as you can see the petals are four joined 
together - this truly helps, you are not trying to align lots of little die templates
each time (plus you don't mislay them!)
Here is how they look cut/embossed, petals, leaves, flower middle and base.
And here is how a lot of them look!
I chose to cut/emboss 10 petals of each size.
Looking at the bottom row of this photo you can see some curling has commenced!
Using an embossing tool ball tool, manipulate the petals and also with the end of your
pokey tool/cocktail stick bend the petals in the middle slightly.
I mentioned 'flower base' - this is the star shaped die cut, it has 10 points on it and 
each point should have a petal tab adhered to it. 
You use a star base for each layer of petals - from large petals to skinny smaller petals.
Notice how the petal shapes differ and also how to tweak them.
Inking the edges slightly adds to a more realistic flower, I chose Walnut Stain
The flower centre - here I chose to use the die cut upside down as I liked the 
circular raised texture in the middle, I raised it more with my pokey tool and inked.
Also to create a little dome under your flower centre insert a 3D Foam Square.
Layer up each layer with a blob of glue to the centre.
Cut/emboss your leaves and attach those to the reverse petals.
Here it is - a multi layered sunflower. 
I've placed a ruler beneath so you get an idea of the finished size.
I adore the sunflower...although I adored the Create A Rose last week, oh dear I think 
there is going to be a lot of adoration for all the Create A Flower dies!
A video detailing this Friday Die Day will be on You Tube shortly...
Elliott is putting the finishing touches to it.
Create A Sunflower is available to pre-order here and they should be arriving soon!
Take care friends - have a wonderful weekend,
I think we may get some sunshine.

35 comments:

Diane said...

Just as gorgeous as the rose. Thank you for placing the ruler, that it very helpful. The flowers are much larger than I thought.

Carole Z said...

OOh Christine, this is the one I ordered from you...can't wait, it is gorgeous! Carole Z X

Bunkeyboo said...

Sooooo lush Christine,thinks me going to have to get these.Can you tell me what papers you have used.Have a nice weekend.x

baconbits said...

Morning Christine
Was unsure of these dies when they first appeared but after two FDD's I think I will be adding them to my list - they look stunning.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Amanda x

Chris said...

Hi Christine, this is probably my favourite flower, it's stunning. Thanks for the demo, I think I may need to get this set.
Chris x

PharmacyMichele said...

The sunflowers look lovely, larger than you think though.

Michele.

Magzeeann said...

Hi Christine, I love sunflowers~they are big,beautiful and cheerful and make me think 'sunshine'! This set is another definite must have!! Take care, hugs,
Maggie x

Janice said...

Oh, wow Christine! I love sunflowers too, this looks lovely! Thank you for the tutorial. I saw on the BBC local news last night that Gravesend recorded the highest UK temperature yesterday at 15.5 C!.....Spring must surely be on the way now!
Hope you have a good day and Sally enjoys her day in your shop.
Janice x

Anonymous said...

Good morning. Really like that sunflower die. It will have to go onto my wishlist. JuliaT x

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine.Love the Sunflower, well, I love all of the Create a Flower dies : ) Thank you for the tutorials, i find them so helpful (the foam square tip is such a good one) Looking forward to video too. With that AND the static pics even I can't go wrong! I hope you all have a good weekend. Take care.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, Ooooohhhhh !! I love this sunflower, they are such happy looking flowers, like a ray of sunshine. I wasn't sure, at first, whether I would want the Create a Flower dies, but after last Friday and now today, you have convinced me, they are beautiful, although I'm going to have to get out the tape measure as I haven't a clue with cm haha !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

marg said...

Hello Christine
Thanks for showing the flowers now I want them!
They are not released yet though but I have 3 on order!
Have a lovely day Christine!
Love Marg

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine

A lovely demo and flower ,my list is getting longer .

Take care
Elaine H X

Sue Yorkshire said...

Morning Christine

Your sunflower looks lovely, I didn't realise they were so big when finished

Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine. Oh which to buy. Love them both Can I afford both? Not really, so it´s decision time.
Have a lovely day.
Love Val in Spainx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
The sunflower is such a lovely flower, when it's finished it's quite large will make a statement on the card. Thanks for the detailed instructions.
Lydia
X

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Really lovely sunflower and a great tutorial.
Thank you. Take care. x.

ros hodgkins said...

Hello Christine, the finished flower looks really life like, however I have a tremor in my hands so I don't think I could manage them, which is disappointing for me.
X Ros

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, I love these flowers
so realistic. love Jean Z xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Christine one of my favourite flowers and it looks stunning! Thanks for the tutorial. Susan xx

Oksana said...

Simply stunning Christine!xx

EmmaT said...

Morning Christine, thank you for the step by step, its a beautiful sunflower for those special makes. I wish you all a good weekend. Emma x

Wendy L said...

This looks gorgeous and an awful lot of die cutting. xxx

Lacelady said...

Wow Christine, you made a great flower from those dies, it's gorgeous!

Ita said...

Hi Christen great step by step thank you.i have been follling your blog but not leaving a comment,I just have not being great health wise .
Ita

SusanP, Kent said...

Hi Christine. What a lovely way to create a cheerful sunflower. Happy Die Day!
Sue

Jackie said...

Hi Christine
After your great tutorial couldn't resist any longer.
Have placed my order x

Jackie said...

Hi Christine
After your great tutorial couldn't resist any longer.
Have placed my order x

hazel young said...

Fab die set love sunflowers and they are a great size too. Have a great weekend xx hazel

Planetsusie said...

I've just got this die Christine so thank you so much for the tut. The sunflower is beautiful and my favourite of the 'larger' flowers!!!

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christine x

LoraineC said...

Ooh this looks gorgeous and a great tutorial and although it's a sunflower it would look pretty in any colour. Xx

Ann said...



Hi Christine

What a beautiful sunflower one of my favourite flowers they always look as if they are smiling at you and they cheer me up.
This die has to be the nicest one I have seen lately so realistic thankyou for all your pics and instructions have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sunshine.

Hugs Annxx

Maggie said...

Hello. Been so busy lately I'm just catching up with my favourite blogs. Aren't these fabulous flowers, but inking each petal would be a labour of love I feel. One day when I have just a little more time! xxMargaretxx

Rosie said...

I am so glad I have this sunflower die pre-ordered. Great FDD!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...