Thursday 20 March 2014

A Fantastic Idea...

Hello friends
Today I'm featuring a project created by the super talented Sherry Cheever
Sherry is on the Spellbinders Blog Team. 


Sherry has kindly given me permission to share with you her altered frame
created with....3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L -
yes 3D Foam Squares!
Sherry began with a bargain store frame and added Regular 3D Foam Squares around
the outer edge.   Small 3D Foam Squares were used around the inner frame opening.
A layer of Gesso was then added.  Once dry, the entire frame was painted with
grey acrylic paint.  For the antique finish, white acrylic paint mixed with a
staining medium.  A piece of watercolour paper painted the same grey added to the
aperture, a stamped sentiment onto Classic Ovals SM and  the flower is
Further details can be found on Quietfire Creations blog.
I've calculated that Sherry has used 64 Regular and 32 Small 3D Foam Squares
I cannot wait to try this out - such a fantastic idea, thank you Sherry!
Please visit Sherry's blog for more brilliant projects and inspiration.

I have some update news regarding the Tool n'One...
I spoke with the States yesterday and it looks like they will start shipping 
from there next Wednesday.  As soon as they arrive at my door I promise to turn them
around instantly - I've got packaging and labels at the ready!
Let's hope they are on a nice fast aeroplane - if I could I would ask them
to take Concorde out of retirement!

Today Elliott and I are back at The Royal Marsden..
oh yes it could be McDonalds again!
Take care friends and stop by tomorrow for Friday Die Day!

21 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Christine
What a brilliant transformation Sherry has made of a bargain frame and clever use of the foam squares! You'd never know!
Hope all goes well today for Elliot, enjoy the McD's!
Janice x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Christine, how inventive... it's amazing what brilliant ideas some people come up with.
Hope all goes well today and Elliott enjoys his "MacDonalds".
Elizabeth x

Magzeeann said...

Hi Christine. I love Sherry's frame, a real beauty!I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Tooln'One ~ it can't come soon enough for me. Hope all goes well at the hospital today ~ enjoy your Big Mac Elliott!! Hugs,
Maggie x

hazel young said...

Lovely idea with the foam shapes Sherry. love it. Hope today goes well for you and Elliott, have a good day xx hazel

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, all I can say is "Wow", as someone who enjoys making altered art, I was blown over and will certainly be giving this a go! Thank you and Sherry for sharing. I hope all goes well at the hospital today, hugs Carole Z X

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. Lovely frame. Sherry has done a great job :) I hope that all goes well at the Royal Marsden today. Enjoy your Maccy D Elliott:) Take care.

Sally said...

I really like this idea, it was very nice of Sherry to let you share it with us. I think this is a 'must try' project.

Hope all goes well at the Hospital for Elliott today xx

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Lovely frame,such a good idea.
I hope all goes well today with Elliott,thinking of you.
Take care. x.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, Sherry has made a fantastic piece of 'altered Art' and I would never have believed they were 3D foam squares !!, fantastic project and a beautiful sentiment from Quietfire, I love Suzanne's stamps, they are always heartwarming.
Hope all goes well today today, enjoy your MacDonalds.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Amazing project would never have known they were foam squares, such a clever idea, very inventive.
Hope the hospital visit goes okay and Elliot I'm sure will enjoy his McDonald's.
Lydia
X

marg said...

Hello Christine!
In my opinion they should never have retired Concorde..as you can guess by my feelings about it I worked on the Electronics side of it in Bristol!
Anyway love this Frame and the Peony!
Safe journey today for both of you enjoy the McDonalds Elliott!
Love Quietfire stamps!
Take Care
Love Marg

nattyboots said...

Hope all goes well for Elliott today,
Sherry's frame is fantastic such a great idea .
Looking forward to DDF

Elaine H X

Valerie said...

Hello Christine, such a great idea from Sherry. Good luck today, shame about the McDonalds!! Valerie

EmmaT said...

Morning Christine, I agree a genius idea from sherry, can see that technique taking off. Good luck for Elliotts app today and I hope he enjoys his fav mcdonalds! Lots of hugs Emma x

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, Beautiful frame such a clever idea, Hope all goes well with Elliott and enjoy your big Mac. love Jean Z xxx

Sue Yorkshire said...

Morning Christine

What a fabulous use of those foam squares
Hope all goes well with Elliott and he enjoys his McDee

xxx

Lacelady said...

OOOH, nice altered art plaque - they looked like mosaic squares to me.

Really excited about the Spellies tool, as I have it on order - I wish Concorde was still with us too.

Best of luck at the Royal Marsden.

baconbits said...

Morning Christine
Who would have thought - 3d foam pads could look so good.
A very nice project.
Good luck at hosp hope all goes well -enjoy MacDonalds.
TFS
Hugs
Amanda x

Maggie said...

Hello Christine. What a very clever idea painting 3d foam pads. Must have a go it looks like fun. Hope today goes well. xxMargaretxx

LoraineC said...

Well I never would have guessed they were foam squares, hope all goes well for the next couple of days x

Ann said...



Hi Christine

Thankyou for sharing the frame idea how clever I would never have thought they were foam squares I did think mosiac tiles sprayed.

Hope all went well for Elliott today and he enjoyed his Maccie "D"s

Hugs Annxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...