Friday 30 March 2012

Distressing!

Hello friends,
As promised I wanted to share with you the project I made when I was away.
This was Donna Salazar's class and I enjoyed every second of it! 
As you can see some serious distressing took place!
The elements I love are the cute bird and flower...not a butterfly in sight!
The die templates are Mix'd Media ElementsBitty Blossoms and Shadow Flowers.
The embossing is super enhanced on the leaves, you can achieve this by dampening 
your paper/cardstock just a tiny bit, spritz it lightly before cutting and embossing.  
Distressed, shabby chic projects are so up my street, they allow me not to panic 
if things are not quite straight or inked properly! 
And here we all are!  The complete Spellbinders 2012 Design Team. 
You can see many technique videos that Donna has put together on 
You Tube featuring her Spellbinders die template collection.
Back tomorrow friends.


23 comments:

Hellma said...

Love todays project Christine.

Sue Yorkshire said...

Morning Christine

I love this card and I dont like birds!!! Thanks for the tip about spritzing the card before embossing

Sue xxx

Missmizog said...

I have some of Donnas dies they are beautiful.
Have a good day.
Sue

melanie said...

Great project Melanie

lockedinmycraftroom said...

Hi Christine, love this project.
Chris x

Carole Z said...

I love this card and I love birds...I'm going to have a go at it, if that's ok? Carole Z X

Lucycat said...

Lovely card I bet you had fun doing it. x.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card
hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Fabulous project. Love it! Julia xxx

Chloe's Nan said...

Love this shabby chic look Christine, must try the tip about spritzing the card thank you! x

Maggie said...

Fabulous card Christine right up my street, it has all my fave things birds shabby distressed texture flowers....Love it!! Will pop over to UTube and take a look, thanks for sharing.

Maggie**

hazel young said...

Stunning card Christine, really like the background and flower on this. xx hazel

nattyboots said...

I own up , i have never done a shabby chic card now i think its about time i had a go, many thanks. Elaine H X

Sarah said...

Love this project - very shabby chic
sarah W

Sandra said...

You must have been thrilled to work with Donna Salazar, your project is FAB!
The team look like a real fun bunch!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us x
Crafty hugs,
Sandra xx

AnneRD said...

Hi Christine, What a wonderful day you must have had. Must have a go at this, love the use of newsprint and diecuts for the background. This would be a good project for the grandchildren over the Easter holidays. Anne x

Sheila H said...

Hi Christine.I think the word 'Inspire' is so appropriate.It certainly inspires me.I love your cards.Thank you.xx

Unknown said...

Stunning have a great weekend.
Chris x

Redanne said...

It is very Donna Salazar 'Girly Grunge' looking. Lovely.

Clai01 said...

Beautiful card ! love the colour tones of it.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Christine must try more of the distressing technique. Love the birds.
Val C xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi again Christine,
Well it's been a busy day for me with my grandson, so I'm sorry I am so late commenting.
Love the photos, it looks like you had great fun. I love the piece of work you did with the 'class', very trendy shabby and distressed. A lovely memory for your craft room wall.
All the best Linda

Unknown said...

How great to take a class from Donna. Great card. It has "Donna" written all over it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...