Saturday 10 March 2012

Butterfly Recipe Book/Holder

Hello friends,
I do like a butterfly or two..or four! 
Today's book is made with Grand Scallop Squares and matching Nestaboard.
I've gone for something a little different, a recipe holder. I'm hoping you can see from the photo that the book actually has a plastic cover, handy to protect those butterflies and you can wipe it clean.
How did I make it?? From the packaging for your Spellbinders dies! 
Just run it through the Grand Calibur a couple of times and it cuts through - how about that for recycling!
 Inside I've created three recipe pockets and made tabs from Labels Twenty Two -
so far they detail Cookies, Cakes and Puddings - savoury stuff might come later!! 
This will be explained again on the shows but I hope you like all the little previews.
Have a lovely day.

18 comments:

Carole Z said...

Oh Wow Christine, I'm glad I still have the packaging from the last dies I bought at any rate! Looks like we are in for a treat on Monday...have a lovely weekend, Carole Z xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Christine,
This is another lovely book and a very handy one to own also.
Love the butterfly embellishments.
Enjoy the day. Linda

melanie said...

Stunning can`t wait for monday .Melanie

Missmizog said...

Beautiful and love the way you recycled.
Sue

Lucycat said...

Another fab book love the idea of the plastic cover, really looking forward to Monday. x.

AnneRD said...

Great gift idea. Anne

lockedinmycraftroom said...

Good morning Christine, love this recipe holder. Pity I haven't saved any of my original packaging. Oh well, I may have to buy some dies! Have a good day.
Chris

hazel young said...

Morning Christine, love your recycling idea and i have a few of the covers from the last dies i purchased so now i will be recycling them too. Have a good weekend xx hazel

Unknown said...

This is lovely. Great idea to make the protective cover from the packaging. Good luck on Monday! Love, Julia xxx

Lydia Jordan said...

Morning Christine

What a lovely project. Butterfly's are very pretty.
Lydia
X

Craftychris said...

Fabulous! Nearly Monday! xx

Redanne said...

Hi Christine, I know I keep saying it, but you can never have too many butterflies! A lovely creation, looking foward to your shows. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Hellma said...

Lovely book Christine, my daughter loves to bake and has all her recipe,s in an old school book so this might be one i try.

Sarah W said...

Lovely idea, can't wait for Monday's shows. Thinking of trying the recipe book idea for Christmas presents and a baby book for my nephew's christening. Can feel a shopping spree coming on. Sorry for any typing errors my cat is helping me type!! Sarah W xx

Ita said...

Hi Christine,another lovely card and from recycling well done I know a few friends who I could make this for
Smiles
Ita

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Looking forward to seeing more of these beauties on the show Christine xx

Anita Braddock said...

Supper cute I love the way you made this. I would love to see how you made its a great gift to give.
thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Clai01 said...

I love this book so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...