Friday 19 October 2012

Friday Die Day!

Hello friends
I interrupt this blog post with an announcement!
All this week there has been some amazing projects featured on The Crafty Power Blog
and chances to win prizes too.  Later today my project will pop up there,
probably around lunchtime due to the time difference.
I will also feature the full project here, on my blog, tomorrow.
Normal blog post resuming....!

It is that special Spellbinders  day of the week - Friday Die Day!
This week may not be everyone's cup of tea because I am featuring some rather different dies.
I am working through the list of dies that have been requested and I must admit I thought I was going to struggle a little with this set but actually... I really like it!  
This set consists of Scrabble letters, a puzzle piece, a dress and body pieces for a doll.
This is how it looks cut/embossed and stencilled.
  You will see there are little holes, these are ready for you to insert a brad to attach the body parts.
As an alternative to brads you could use some thick cotton and tie little knots.
 Here she is with all her limbs!  
I've just inked her arms and legs a little as she was looking a little pale!
For the puzzle piece it did occur to me that you could use it for a photo too.
Here comes the tag.  I've stamped the entire tag with a 'newsprint' stamp - this stamp is coming very soon to my Amazon shop.
 
 Attached a small piece of lace and then cut/embossed and stencilled the Scrabble 
letters to spell ART, attached with 3D Foam Squares.
  Added my lady, I did give her a crown which isn't from this die set...I found it on my craft desk!
(It is from Mix'd Media Elements)
Tied on a twine bow.  I've realised now she is faceless! 
 Some close up shots.
 I really do like those Scrabble letters.
Have a wonderful weekend.  
I have a class in my studio tomorrow - Autumn Card and Gift Box - photos to follow soon.
STOP PRESS!
Some of the links may be misbehaving today, I believe Spellbinders website is having some
issues but hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Take care friends.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, boy you sure can pull the rabbit out of the hat. The ideas you come up with when you get dies in your hands is amazing. Just love this tag, so you.

Wilma x

baconbits said...

Morning,
Unfortunately these dies are not for me, not my cuppa tea at all.

Have a great Friday

Hugs
Amanda x

nmty said...

hi Christine, definately a different set of dies, and a great result with your finished tag.

hope your craft class goes well tomorrow.

I am going to attempt your chocolate cake recipe later today! Yum!!

lv norma

Elizabeth said...

Morning Christine, I agree with Amanda these dies are not my cup of tea either but I think you have done an excellent job with them. It wouldn't do for everyone to like everything would it?
Will have a look over to the Crafty Power Blog later today - if my granddaughter has a nap. I am having her for the day today.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Elizabeth x

Carole Z said...

Morning Christine..way back in the time before Spellbinders I had a stencil for a 'doll' just like this! I still have it some where!!! Love what you've done, but these wouldn't be on my wish list...hope you have a great class tomorrow, Carole Z X

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful tag Christine, I normally wouldn't give this die much thought but your FDD always makes me wish I had that die!! x

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine.
Well done with these dies,I would not have looked at these dies at all,but you have managed to do a very nice tag,
Have a great weekend. Take care. x.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine. I can't imagine buying this set but I think it's great what you've done with it. Just popping over to Crafty power blog for a peep.

lydia jordan said...

Hi Christine,
These dies are not for me but I do like what you have done with them.
Hope you class goes well tomorrow.
Lydia
X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, BOY oh BOY, I love what you have done with these dies and the tag, absolutely awesome, I love, love, love it. I really need these dies now ha ha. I tried clicking on the Mixd Media Elements linky thing but it came up with an error, do you have these dies in your store ?
Have a lovely day tomorrow.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
If I had seen these dies in a shop I wouldn't have given them a second look, but now you have shown us your lovely tag I can see their potential.
Sadly I still have a lot more of the others I want so this one would be way done my long, long list. LOL.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine

I wont be putting these dies on my wish list Christine , i agree with scottish crafter its surprising what you can turn a die into Christine , cos the tag is really lovely

Hope you have a great weekend
Take Care
Elaine H X

EmmaT said...

Morning Julia, to start with these dies look weird, but when you put the body together it helped! I think you could use material for a dress for her, cut the head of and its a manequin. Scrabble tiles really useful. Emma

Redanne said...

Hi Christine, you took me back to my childhood when I used to have a paper doll with moveable parts that I used to dress up with paper clothes! I love it, the scrabble tiles are brilliant and I do like that puzzle - what fun! Crafty hugs, Anne x

PS, I have a skeleton die (sadly not Spellbinder) like this doll but he has no holes in - so this has given me a great idea...thank you!

Sue Yorkshire said...

Morning Christine

I love the jigsaw part of the die but the doll is not for me.

Wonder if Spellbinders might bring out a jig saw die on its own???

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
I agree with most of the comments made today, these dies are not for me, perhaps for the younger set of crafters out there.But you have come up with another lovely 'Tag along with Friday Die Day' tag!
Will pop over to the other blog later to see your other creations - must take the dogs out first. Enjoy tomorrows day in the studio. C B W Carolyn x

Ita said...

Hi Christine thanks for doing the dai today It is not my cup of tea,I have visited the crafty power plog and left a comment,the card was fantastic,pless follers go have a look it eill blow you away,well done Christine
Smiles
Ita

hazel young said...

Hi Christine thank you for showing this one, loving the tag. It's made me realise it's not one i will now buy as i have stamps i can make into scrabble letter and i have a jigsaw cutting gadget so can make my own. xx hazel

Cazann49 said...

Hi Christine..Wow this die set is different! But as you have shown, can with some imagination be used very effectively..:)..Enjoy your day..xx

Craftychris said...

A very different set but you have shown just how cool it can be! Loving that newsprint stamp too xx

rainy day crafter said...

As I'm a keen Scrabble player and my husband loves jigsaws, I thought these might be great. Shame the Scrabble tiles show the wrong number values against the letters! I'm not keen on the doll either, so not worth me getting just for the jigsaw part. But nice to see something different.

Janice said...

Wow, you are so imaginative. Your never ending ideas are incredible. This is something really different!
Well done to you.
Janice x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...