Friday 12 October 2012

Friday Die Day!

Hello friends
Happy Friday Die Day!
I just couldn't resist it any longer...today I'm showcasing ....Layered Poinsettia!
I LOVE this die set so much!
You receive 7 dies in total, 4 are the floral sections, 1 leaf and 2 berry middles.
Today I'm going to share with you details of a project using a Layered Poinsettia -
a Christmas Countdown Desk Calendar.
Cut two rectangle pieces of patterned paper 7 x 4.5 inches, adhere to chipboard.
I used Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium paper.
Ink the edges.
Cut/emboss Classic Petal Edgeabilities® from red cardstock.
Cut/emboss Labels Twenty-Two (No.2) from patterned paper.
Slice off the top notched edges to create a straight top - this will bind better.
Add numbers - you can print these or use stickers/thickers.
On a computer, print the message onto cream cardstock (Edwardian Script - font size 55)

Now to the Layered Poinsettia - Cut/emboss from cream cardstock,
stencil through with ink - I've used Clearsnap Chianti Chalk.
Here you can see the beautiful stencilled effect.
I cut/embossed extra to make a fuller flower.
Layer up and brush the edges with ink too.

Using a Bind It All, punch and bind the two chipboard rectangles and tabs.
I added a charm (Bo Bunny) on one tab, an extra decoration when only one number is showing.

Assemble your project with your printed message, patterned paper, lace and Classic Petal Strip.
The beautiful finishing touch...add your Layered Poinsettia.
Some close up shots.



I've used this die set with so many projects - I was tempted to post them all but you would 
be sat at your screens all day!  Looks amazing cut from felt too.
Before I go - a mention to Ita who asked some questions yesterday.
The size of my cards are normally quite small, I tend to make 6 x 4 or smallish square cards.
With regard to foam mount for projects I use Crafty Foam Tape -
I use that to layer up for dimension along with the 3D Foam Squares.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Tomorrow I have crafting ladies joining me for the Autumn Card and Gift Box class,
this class is running twice.  I will be sure to share photos of the projects.
Take care friends.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely idea. I love the poinsettia dies, stencilling brings more dimension to the petals. I have also cut them out with felt and they are beautiful. Adding more leaves as petals enlarge the poinsettia.

Wilma x x

Rosie said...

Thanks, Christine. The poinsettia dies are quite special and you have shown the stencilling technique so clearly.

baconbits said...

Morning,
What a lovely idea, the poinsettia is a favourite of mine also. This would make a wonderful gift.
TFS
Hugs
Amanda x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a lovely project Christine! Love the poinsettia dies I already have about 3 different ones though! x

nmty said...

Hi Christine, what a fabulous idea, and a stunning tutorial. i don't have these dies !!!! but another makers version, which only has two dies in the set, i think i may have to rectify this!!

thanks for the tutorials brilliant as ever.

enjoy your crafty weekend, I will definately be crafting tomorrow as it is crop day, i can't wait!

lv norma

Janice said...

Hi Christine, what a great idea this is, we always need reminding how many days there are left until the big day :-))

I love how you have used the dies, thank you for a great tutorial as alway. Your step by step instructions are so clear.

Have a lovely crafty weekend.
Janice x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, WOW, wow, wow, I love this project. I love the papers, but the 'piece de resistance' for me, is the poinsettia, it is my favourite die and it is so versatile, you can make it look totally different by curling it, I love the stencilling it brings out the beauty of the leaves. Simply stunning, Christine, and a fabulous tutorial.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
PS have a good day with your class xx

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine .
Another great tutorial,so easy to follow.
This is a great idea,would make a lovely gift.
I hope you have a great weekend ,you sound very busy as usual. Take care. x.

Lacelady said...

Brilliant idea, ideal for every Christmas, if stored carefully.

Bea said...

This is fab Christine - I wonder if it could be laminated to last - except for the flower - but I expect that would take away some of the prettiness. Hope you have a good crafty workshop tomorrow.

nattyboots said...

WOW Christine

I just love this idea ,you sure are one clever lady .
I love the way you have done the edge then put the lace over and your poinsettia is beautiful .

baconbits is right it would make a beautiful gift .

Enjoy your craft day
Take Care
Elaine H X

hazel young said...

Morning Christine, love this set and use it all the time, cuts felt like butter and looks stunning xx hazel

Sue Yorkshire said...

Morning Christine

What a beautiful project and so cleverly explained. I dont have these poinsettia dies but they are really gorgeous. I dont have a bind it machine either but I wonder if it could be made using book rings

Have a wonderful time in your class

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine. These poinsettia dies and my favourite Christmas dies I have in my stash. I must admit I usually die cut them in red card but I love the idea you've used today and will defo try it out.
I did try with felt but I think I bought the wrong sort as it frayed around the edges whilst I was taking it out of the die.

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A great project and tutorial today thank you. Love the poinsettia dies I have cut them in velvet paper and they look really good have also coloured as you have which is also good.
Have a good day.
Lyda
X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what an amazing project, wonderful idea. Love everything about it.
Managed to cut out a few of these die cuts on visiting my sister in law yesterday. So I'm going to have a play today.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

EmmaT said...

Morning Christine. If you gently bend the edges of the poinsettias down it gives it a more 3d/realistic look. Lovely calender, love the colour papers you always pick. Emma

Redanne said...

Hi Christine, this is a wonderful project, using my favourite die of all time - it is beautiful and such a clever idea. I am busy doing Halloween projects at the moment - one is really scary but so much fun to do. Hope you have a good weekend too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Maid of Kent said...

Hi Christine,
This is such a lovely project, the icing on the cake is the Poinsettia you have stencilled the colour so beautifully. I must copy this. Many thanks for the inspiration. Ann

Elizabeth said...

Hi Christine, yippee, I have these dies and I love them too. They ALWAYS look great whatever you do with them.
Today's project is beautiful, love the vintage colours.
Have a great weekend.
Elizabeth x

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous project, I love the paper and colours. I have these dies and will be using them lots this Christmas - I am so glad you showcased them today! Thank you xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine, What a super idea to have a desk countdown cal. Thank you for sharing, will be making one of these for the kitchen to help keep me organised ! Have these dies and like you find them sooo useful. Actually made quite a few in red and green felt a week or two back for Christmas tree ornaments. I like Wilma's suggestion of adding extra leaves to enlarge.
Enjoy your workshops this weekend. Crafty best wishes Carolyn x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Idea Christine - I have these dies and use them all year round. Have a good workshop looking forward to the Pics!
ValC x

Carole Z said...

Evening Christine..ooh my favourite Christmas die! Somehow I have wound up with 2 sets and I use them both all the time..super tutorial, super project! Carole Z X

Sarah said...

Lovely project...do you mind if I do something similar with my Rainbows?
Great dies...more for the wishlist!

Planetsusie said...

Another genuinely beautiful card Christine and I just love the poinsettia - I am definitely going to do some like this for my Christmas cards.

Big hugs Sue Pxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...