Friday 29 January 2010

The Power of Cake!

I do not profess to be a wonderful cook but I do enjoy baking a cake. I have two teenage sons who are willing eaters and they've come to expect something spongy, chocolately or gooey under my glass cake dome in the kitchen each week.

It therefore came as a sort of back-handed compliment and shock when my eldest announced that my coconut and lemon cake had become famous at his school. Why? Well, it transpires that lunchtimes at schools are now used for poker games! My son never having any money, (every coin and note burns holes until it is spent) has resorted to gambling with my lemon and coconut cake! Not only is that hard to believe but that all his gambling friends find it acceptable! It throws a whole new slant on gambling with chips!! :-) x

2 comments:

Marcie Steele said...

Yes, it's because your cakes always look so scrummy x

Denise said...

Gambling for cake would make me take it far more seriously! I'd love to make more cakes, but with only 2 of us to eat them it never seems wise...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...