Friday 23 August 2019

Friday Chat Day

Hello friends

How has your week been?
I'm beginning to notice the shorter evenings but feeling 
quite lucky with the recent sunshine. It has been perfect 
Bella-walking weather.
This week Bella got to meet my sister's rescue dog 
and we were so wrapped up in walking and chatting that 
I didn't get a photo - got one of the sky and trees though! 


Also this week some craft! 
My post for Scrapbook Adhesives went live and it featured tags.
In case you missed it and fancy a look, the link is here.


Last weekend I got to spend the day in London with friends and we
went to Hamilton, the musical.
I did wonder beforehand whether it would be my cup of tea as 
it is sung and rapped through incorporating hip hop.
Now I'm a girl that likes classical, a bit of rock and country music so
this was definitely out of my comfort zone.
But...it was fabulous!  I was blown away by it.
It is both enthralling,emotional and utterly brilliant. 
I found myself humming and singing 
the songs days afterwards (with odd looks from the boys).
I would recommend it for sure.


Knitting/crochet - still loving my new found hobby.
Lots of progress on the mustard throw project.
I took this photo outside one evening and the light really captured
its mustard-ness!


This should be finished over the weekend and then I'm thinking of trying
this pattern in grey aran yarn.

Work stuff...
lots of offers and pre-loved still on the website
I'm uploading items each day. Yes, all on my own...those boys 
have deserted me! Well, to be fair they are both working full time so 
I can't really complain :) 

I'm slowly getting through the cabin and sorting items
but I have to confess that I am enjoying the Summer and 
will step things up in the Autumn.

There is a Bank Holiday offer on Glimmer items, 20% off -
just enter the code GLIMMER20 at checkout,
expires midnight Monday. 

This weekend is Elliott's birthday so some celebrations going on,
he is going to be 23 - I am struggling to get my head around that.

Here is is posting the very first charity kits back in 2013.


For those of you who have followed my blog for years you will have 
 know the struggles he has been through.
I am incredibly proud of him and especially now watching him
head out the door each day to work, I pinch myself that it is real.

Have a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend and 
I hope you can stop by next Friday.
Take care friends.








11 comments:

hazel young said...

Wonderful photos Christine, I've not picked up the crochet this week been so busy with one thing and another. I know what you mean about boys growing up think mine are similar ages and its gone so quickly. Hope you have a fabulous week and Elliott a Great birthday xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Lovely photos and the crochet is lovely too.
Yes the nights are drawing in, this year has gone so quickly.
Have a lovely sunny bank holiday weekend, Kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Great to hear all your news. Glad you enjoyed the musical & hope Elliott has a great birthday. Hope your Mum is improving now she is home.

Michele

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely catch up today. You are right to be proud of Elliot he went through some tough times. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him hope it's a great one.
Lydia
X

Jean said...

Morning Christine,
I’m glad you enjoyed Hamilton, it sounds amazing. I really like your throw pattern, it’s very unusual, to me anyway. It’s going to be another hot spell so I hope the sun perks your Mum up even though it will almost certainly be too hot. Ok in the shade though. We’re off to Glasgow for a week, where the weather will be somewhat cooler I think. Take care and Happy Birthday to Elliott. Jean x

margaret driscoll said...

Hello Christine,
You are right to be proud of Elliot he went through some really bad times. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him!
Glad you enjoyed Hamilton!
Enjoy the Bank Holiday too!
Love Marg

Anonymous said...

Hello Christine, firstly Happy Birthday to Elliott; you have every right to be proud of your boys and their achievements. Cannot believe the different patterns you are achieving with the crochet it's miles away from the doily circle things your Gran made. It's something I have on my list to try but I'm busy decorating the house, so all crafting is put on hold as I'm too shattered to do anything else other than the essential housework. Have another wonderful week. WakeyL

Littlelamb said...

Love the crochet Christine. I have still only tried three different stitches.. haven’t done any crochet for a few weeks. Not been a good week so far. Been getting ready for my month long exhibition at my local library and hear Monday it’s cancelled as council are closing it for refurbishment for 6 weeks which includes the month of October. Annoying as booked the date 2 years ago. Wednesday some one drove into my car in M&S car park. Also got a car parking fine. Can anything else happen I ask myself. Happy Birthday Elliott. I do remember when he was first I’ll. he has come a long way.

Laura O said...

Have a wonderful birthday Elliott the very best of health for the future..lovely pictures Christine. Laura O Springfield

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, A lovely Blog post, with gorgeous piccies, especially the one of Elliott, I remember his hair like that too, so glad that he is now working, how proud you will be of him.
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Elliott, I hope your day is magical.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

karenlotty said...

Love all of the photos
You really are zooming along with the crochet At the moment I am crocheting Twiddle Muffs used by dementia patients with restless hands It’s in preparation for our Health and Wellbeing week at work where I’ve been asked to do a session/class

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...