Friday 31 August 2018

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

I feel like I've caught up a little with my days now,
I know it is Friday and that means...Friday Die Day.
This week I'm featuring Charming Cottage Box.
Designed by Becca Feeken as part of her Charming Christmas Collection
it is a 15 piece die set!


Here's the approximate measurements:

Bow: 0.70 x 0.80 in 1.80 x 2.00 cm
Door: 0.75 x 1.45 in 1.90 x 3.70 cm
Arch Window Insert and Rim (2 pcs): 0.75 x 1.25 in 1.90 x 3.20 cm
Sprig: 0.80 x 1.00 in 2.00 x 2.50 cm
Window Insert and Rim (2): 1.00 x 0.75 in 2.50 x 1.90 cm
Tag: 1.10 x 1.75 in 2.80 x 4.40 cm
Gingerbread Man Charm: 1.10 x 2.00 in 2.80 x 5.10 cm
Christmas Tree Charm: 1.60 x 2.20 in 4.10 x 5.60 cm
Swirl Accent: 1.95 x 0.45 in 5.00 x 1.10 cm
Rectangle Insert: 2.20 x 1.30 in 5.60 x 3.30 cm
Square Insert: 2.20 x 2.20 in 5.60 x 5.60 cm
Scallop Trim: 2.5 x 0.60 in 6.40 x 1.50 cm
Box: 5.50 x 6.40 in 14.00 x 16.30 cm

To create the box you need to cut two.
I've chosen kraft card.


Fold along all score lines except the 'triangles', you'll see from the picture
these sections remains upright.


Affix the base and then apply adhesive to all flaps to assemble.


The box constructed.


To decorate, this is the fun part.
I've only used a small amount of pieces from the die set here.
The scallop trim for the roof, door, windows, tree, tag and flourishes.


Layering the scallop trim for the roof panels.


Beginning to decorate.


The finished Cottage Box.


You can of course before you assemble the box, use the windows
to cut out apertures and place acetate behind.
I always think of these things once I'm finished!


The finished box measures approx. 2.6 x 2.5 x 4.5 inches.
Chocolate guestimate - I would say it could hold
4 (possibly 5) Ferrero Rocher, not surprisingly I didn't have any at home
to give you an accurate decision on that! 
It would hold 6-7 Celebrations, I had those at home...briefly! 

Charming Cottage Box is available to order on the website here.
My order is with Spellbinders right now so they should be 
winging their way over the pond within the next week or so.
Take a look at the full Charming Christmas Collection here,
Becca's designs are, as always, delightful.

Oh yes, if you collect the Hope and Charm-ing Collections the 
latest one has just been published on the website.
This time it is Afternoon Tea (just in time for GBBO).


I really enjoyed sourcing the charms for this collection,
from the cake stand, cutlery, teapots, cook book, champagne and more.


If you want to use your charms to create key rings/clips,

What does this weekend hold for you?
I'm attempting to de-jungle the garden.
Stop by on Sunday for Charity Kit Day and there will also be
a new YouTube video.

Take care friends.

14 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine and boys.
Thank you a beautiful little box, and die set.
Very pretty charms too.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

hazel young said...

What a wonderfully cute gift box and die set. Loving the charms set, I'm sure another sell out is on the way. Have a great weekend tackling the garden, I think mine will involve some gardening and plenty of rest xx hazel

CraftyCoffey said...

What a really cute Die set, the house is just gorgeous. Lovely collection of charms.

Michele

Chris said...

Hi Christine,
Becca's done it again, what a great die set and so useful, not only for Christmas.
I need to tidy my garden too before the cooler weather really sets in, I'm not sure I'll get it done this weekend though.
Have a good day,
Chris xx

nattyboots said...

What a lovely die set from Becca . Gorgeous little house you have made so cute.
I intend to make more Boxed Christmas cards { I have never ever been so organised with my Christmas cards all my personal ones are done , now its the Charity ones for the Douglas Mac Raffle we are holding in Sept.}
Take care
Elaine H X

margaret driscoll said...

Good Morning Christine
Love the Becca Box so many pieces to cut too!
Love The Little Charms another must have!
I bought a Glimmer stamp and it embosses beautifully not used it on my Press and Go yet still embossing with it!
Love Marg

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
What a lovely gift box, would be great to see loads on a craft fair stall, not that I do them.
Lydia
X

Jean Eve said...

Morning, the box looks great & not only for Christmas.I have a friend visiting from London this weekend & a cousin from Essex the following. So busy,busy extra housework,,like you do !,,Keep crafting.Cheers Jean x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely box Christine and thank you for the tutorial. Enjoy your weekend.

Brenda said...

Hi Christine, What a great box. It would make a lovely goody box for children’s party’s, in fact why not let them decorate it, then goodies could be dropped in before they go home. Love Brenda xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, This little Christmas box is 'darling', I absolutely love it.
These charms are beautiful, I would want to keep them all.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Laura O said...

Beautiful dies Christine and a great finished project. Laura O Springfield

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, a girl after my own heart not enough ferrero rocher to try out your box so had try the Cadburys love the box it's really cute. Thanks Ann

Becca Feeken said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! This is one of my favs from the collection and I love that it will last all year around!! This is just an amazing view!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...