Friday 17 August 2018

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

It's Friday Die Day and this week I'm featuring 
This die sings to me as I love the fact that it looks like a gate 
and the scroll work is beautiful.
The approximate measurements are:
3.35 x 5.30 in 8.50 x 13.50 cm

I've cut two and you can see for the second one I've sliced the 
middle section away.


The chopped sections go into the side to create a circular design.


I've matted 6 x 6 patterned paper onto my white card base.


Affixed the die cut to the middle.


Die cut some flowers, these are Rose Buds,
coloured them with distress ink.
There's a couple of sets pre-loved on the website, but you may have to be quick!


Placed a Fancy Scallop Edge Circle to the middle.


I went rummaging in my die cut scrap box (yes I have one of those too!)
Found this label shape and little oval sentiment.


To finish added the flowers around the bottom of the circle,
placed pearls to the centres.



The way this die makes a perfect decorative circle made my day! 


I've used this die set quite a bit recently...



Items used today with clickable links:


Take care friends, wishing you a brilliant weekend,
bet you can guess what I'm doing!


17 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Christine
A beautiful card, I can see why you like this die so much. I have an old Spellbinders gate that I still like to use a lot, that's very similar to this one.
Have a good day
Chris xx

Jan on the Fosse said...

Hi Christine
I'm so glad to be back in the crafting world again after having 5 weeks in hospital following emergency heart surgery.I realise I'm not able to make cards yet,I have such a lot of catching up to do with all the new products and ideas.
I love all your cards today.
Jan x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning All.
Thank you a beautiful card very clever.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

hazel young said...

Beautiful cards Christine. Fabulous die, I love chopping into to dies and changing the original shape x xhazel

Laura O said...

Pretty card Christine. Laura O Springfield

margaret driscoll said...

Hello Christine
Love how you have made the Die into a circle so clever with the Rose buds too!
Welcome back Jan glad you're feeling better!
Love Marg

CraftyCoffey said...

Fabulous card, love both ideas using this Die.

Michele

nattyboots said...

I can see this die is going to be very popular Christine, lovely cards made .
Sending Jan a big hug and get well wishes
Elaine H X

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card It’s a very pretty Die set I love the other examples especially the bottom one I’m very intrigued to know how it was done

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, I too have a die cut box.
Lydia
X

JeanD said...

Morning Christine, I love what you’ve done with this die so had to order it. I’ve been dithering for a while, but finally convinced it’s a good buy. Jeanx

Jean Eve said...

Just love this card. So clever making a circle out of the die cuts.This die is so versatile. Luv it. Cheers Jean xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, How innovative to slice the lattice panel like that and attach to the sides, genius !! I adore all these cards, they are so pretty.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

CraftyJo said...

Love the way you've made a different shape from the diecuts - very inventive :)

Brenda said...

Hi Christine, Loves the way you have change this die from a rectangle to a circle, it’s so very very clever the way you have changed the oration, I’m am impressed. Love Brenda xxx




Betty McAlister said...

A beautiful card Christine. I too love how you've chopped the die and made a very pretty circle. I must be braver and chop mine up a bit more. Wonderful how versatile the dies then become.
Welcome back Jan, glad you're getting better.
Enjoy your weekend, a much cooler one meaning I can sit comfortably in my craft room which has been like an oven. Xx

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
A lovely die. Like how you’ve made it into a square round if that makes sense. Great cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...