Tuesday 17 April 2018

Book-ed, Bella and Bargains!

Hello friends

I'm going to risk it, I'm going to say it...
I think Spring may have arrived here in Kent!
Yesterday I took a few hours off and went dog walking with a friend
to Riverside Country Park near Rainham.
Bella is a lot smaller than her friend Ruby, so she likes to 
jump on a seat - King of the Castle.
Ruby is so cute!


Now some crafty stuff...
I'm catching up with projects using the Floral Garden Collection
and this is the front cover of a book I'm creating, the plan is that 
it will be an ongoing project for when I'm doing Hochanda shows.
The cover features a frame cut polaroid fashion mounted with 3D Foam Squares. 
Botanical Butterfly and a cluster of flowers from Bird on Cherry Branch.
The sentiment stamp is from Creative Expressions.


I simply cut the butterfly from ivory cardstock and used ink to lightly colour the wing,
body and antenna.


Inside I decorated a kraft envelope/wallet with Bird on Cherry Branch die,
one that I painted using iridescent pastel watercolours.


If you purchased my charity kits way back when they first started we created
a similar book and these envelope/wallets featured then.
I wonder if any of you still have that book, it had recipes and all sorts.


The background script stamp is Vintage Script by Phil Martin - that's getting
some use right now!


Products used with clickable links to the website:


And...if you fancy a bargain, the Folk Art Collection now has 25% off!
These dies are beautiful when coloured or used alone.
The full range is on the website here.

Take care friends, wishing you a sunny Tuesday.


15 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful book Christine, love what you have done to it so far. Great dies used. Lovely photo of Bella and friend x xhazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning All.
Thank you a lovely product to work on, I remember it from your shows.
Yes it is lovely to get out and about, lovely photo of Bella and Ruby.
Sorry to read you have a problem with your whirly gig.
I have three long lines and, today I have started to spring clean all the washable curtains are in the washing machine.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Great photo of Bella & her friend Ruby. Your project looks lovely.

Michele

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
I used to take my dogs to Riverside park when we still had them, they used to love to swim.
Gorgeous project.
Lydia
X

nattyboots said...

Beautiful book Christine ,lovely photo of the King of the castle and ruby .
Take care
Elaine H X

margaret driscoll said...

Good Morning Christine
Love the cards and pics of Bella and her friend!
Take care
Love Marg

Anonymous said...

Good morning Christine such a lovely project idea. You could easily fill it with pictures of Bella and her friends!! Best wishes Jackie x

Chris said...

Hi Christine
Great photo of Bella and Ruby, looks like they had fun. Love your ongoing project and Yes, I still have my book and the one we created at a workshop you ran with the Seth Apter dies.
Take care
Chris xx

Margie said...

Yes Christine - I think Spring might have just arrived here in the North but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for luck! Great idea to have a little book for your projects - I do like the envelope/wallet and that script stamp is fab too. Margie x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely photo of Bella and Ruby. Love the project you are doing,

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
Glad you’ve got some sun. But here in Oxfordshire it’s dull, cold and windy. So Spring hasn’t reached here yet. Great journal Christine. Love the dies you’ve used.
Great picture of Ruby and Bella.

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, We have had rain rain rain again today, so glad that you are getting some sun at last.
A fabulous piccie of Bella and Ruby, and beautiful samples from your Journal.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Lynda's craft's said...

Hi Christine
Lovely journal & lovely Dies too.
Love pictures of Ruby & Bella.
Hug's Lynda xx

Heather Treble said...

Hi Christine,
Love the project, particularly the little bird.
Love seeing your little dog and her friend. We have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Coco and she's 2 and a bundle of fun.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pic and lovely photo of Bella & Ruby. I still have my recipe book and I love it xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...