Friday 15 December 2017

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
This week's Friday Die Day is Double Heart Gift Box.
Another beautiful die designed by Marisa Job.
http://hopeandchances.co.uk/shop/marisa-job/double-heart-gift-box/
Lots of dies in this set - 8 in total, I've photographed them separately.
The approximate measurements are:
Side Lid Insert Design: 2.00 x 0.70 in. 5.10 x 1.80 cm
Side Lid Insert Outline: 2.00 x 0.70 in. 5.10 x 1.80 cm
Top Lid Design: 1.70 x 1.70 in. 4.30 x 4.30 cm
Top Lid Insert: 2.00 x 2.00 in. 5.10 x 5.10 cm
Lid: 4.05 x 4.05 in. 10.30 x 10.30 cm
Panel Design: 1.70 x 3.75 in. 4.30 x 9.50 cm
Panel Insert: 2.00 x 4.00 in. 5.10 x 10.20 cm
Side Panel: 2.40 x 4.20 in. 6.10 x 10.70 cm
This is the top lid and side panel.
The top lid also is the base of the box.
The side panel has a score line.


These are the decorative panels for the side, top and lid.


To create the box, cut four side panels and fold along the score line.
I've also cut four decorative panels to place over the top.

I affixed them to each other in a long row.
You can use liquid glue or strong tape.
I then affixed the decorative panels to the top.
You could die cut colour or foil card behind the decorative panels for
a different look if you wish, I chose all white.


The box lid is also the base, when you cut it creates score lines,
simply fold along each, apply glue to the tabs and assemble.


Affix the last panel of the box and secure the box base to the bottom.
This holds it nice and rigid.



Create the box lid but obviously don't stick this down onto the box,
you'll never get to the goodies inside.


To decorate I used leaves from Wreath Elements and created a flower from
Succulent and Mum Flower.  Cut from watercolour card and I've used
distress inks spritzed with water.  Inserted some stamens to the flower middle.
It is a deep pink bordering on red so nearly festive!


I affixed the flower and leaves to the top of my box with a little bit of ribbon.
I also have a decorative lid panel hidden under that flower!
I also added lid decorative pieces with 3D Foam Squares.


I think it is so nice to have a taller gift box for a change.
I can see these being useful for so many occasions.


Double Heart Gift Box is available on the website here.
Wreath Elements is available here - (this die set is another one that
has not left my desk, it has all the foliage and pieces I need for pretty
much every project whatever the season).

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, I'm heading to Peterborough
tomorrow, two workshops at Sir Stampalot so fingers crossed for
good driving weather.

Take care friends.

4 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning All.
Thank you a lovely die setand box.
Take care and keep warm it is very icey here.
Have fun Kitty.

hazel young said...

Stunning box and die set Christine. Have a fabulous day tomorrow, it is supposed to a nicer day xx hazel

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous box Christi e. It looks a nice size. A lot of the boxes look small but this one doesn’t. Thank you for sharing this. Have a good weekend.

Laura O said...

Great project. Laura O Springfield

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...