Friday 11 March 2022

Friday Chat Day - a mini one!

Hello friends

Whoosh and it is Friday, I hope you are all keeping well.
Bit scant again on news in my world this week so 
it is a mini chat day!

In crochet news - I have been making more
little solid granny squares for my battenburg blanket.
These are nice to plod along and make - not taxing at all.
Different story when it comes to joining them I bet.
I really wish there was a 'sewing in ends fairy'.


Spot the Cyril.
Each day he has been back and visiting, collecting his sunflower seeds
and apple and mostly burying the former.
I expect to have sunflowers growing in random places this year.
It was so lovely to see some sunshine yesterday, I noticed 
that blossom is appearing - it is truly the nicest season.


I mentioned last week that Elliott and I were taking a trip to the cinema - 
I can report that Death on the Nile was 
utterly brilliant - both Elliott and I enjoyed it very much.
Seeing Russell Brand play a serious character was interesting.


It got me in a 'Agatha Christie' mood so have been revisiting
a few more adaptations.
If you happen to have Britbox book a date to watch
'And Then There Were None' - edge of your seat stuff.

The remainder of my week has been work and getting prepared at home
in readiness for my hip surgery next week.
I've been compiling huge handover notes to my work colleagues,
woe betide any of them that mess up my billing spreadsheets! 
I'm feeling a little protective over my work systems but I'm sure I can
pick things up again when I return.
At home - taking advice with regards to putting things at waist height,
getting a bell to summon Mitchell! (Joking about the latter).

I do hope to pop back and do Friday Chat Days but just in case you 
stop by and I haven't posted, I promise to make it up to you - I will be back!

Take care friends, have a lovely weekend.


11 comments:

hazel young said...

Lovely chat and photo's Christine. Good luck with your operation, wishing you a speedy recovery although it will be perfect crocheting time. Take care stay safe xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you for the chat good luck for your op,
I wish you a seedy recovery Kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Great catch up on all your news. Good luck with your operation.

Michele

Christine said...

Thanks for your review on the film....
Hope you're not in hospital too long, just remember to follow physio orders...... Daft as they may seem.

Anonymous said...

Sending you positive wishes for your forthcoming surgery. I'm sure Mitchell will take good care of you. WakeyL

Littlelamb said...

Love the granny squares. Hope all goes well with the op. Take care.

christi said...

good luck with the surgery. also ,if you have any rugs or mats, pick them up too! get a little stool for your shower if there isn't a seat in yours. enough prep from me. look forward to your posts each week.

Margie said...

Best of luck with the surgery Christine. Take things easy afterwards and do your exercises. At least you have plenty of granny squares to sew together while you're recuperating and don't worry about the spreadsheets! Xxx

Jackie Durrant said...

Hi Christine, hope all goes well with the surgery - you'll have plenty of time afterwards to sew in all the ends of the granny squares, so no excuses!! xx

karenlotty said...

Hope all goes well next week It’s not easy handing over work I know Have you made back up copies?
The crochet is looking good Have you tried crocheting the ends in? I have done it with amigurami toys You hold the end along the edge as you crochet for a few stitches and trim
Take care

Betty McAlister said...

Good luck with your surgery Christine. Plenty of time to sew your crochet squares together afterwards while convalescing. X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...