Friday 25 February 2022

Friday Chat Day

 Hello friends

I do hope everyone is fine following the storms.
Very little damage here at the VT, just a little bit of broken fencing.
It really was something wasn't it, feel so sorry for those who lost power.

It was a good excuse not to venture out and do some crochet.


My Cath Kidston inspired blanket is done bar the border which 
I am just starting.  It was reduced to 90 squares instead of a 100
due to running out of blue yarn (again!) 
I didn't think it warranted buying another ball of yarn just to join 10 squares.
Overall I am happy with the simple design and colours.

In other news...

Cyril has embraced his new feeding spot and chomping his way through
a great deal of sunflower seeds, looks like I have another dependant.


A few more of his mates visited this week but Cyril is keen
to see them off - this is HIS garden now.
It has occurred to me that maybe Cyril has a lot of lookalikes,
but for the moment I'm calling each of them Cyril! 



I am also pleased to have received a surgery date for 
my new hip - 17 March, it is fairly soon!
Forgive me if I go AWOL at certain times.
I will keep you posted on the charity kit situation.

I'm going to be working for my city job (thankfully from home) 
up until that date and then possibly off for approx 6 weeks.  
That is going to feel very strange.

Unfortunately the VT is not the best house for recovering from this sort of op,
we have steps everywhere and steep stairs but certain I will manage.
I have pre-warned Mitchell that he will be doing a fair bit of running around
and cooking!  Most important bit. He's thrilled!
Elliott is booking some time off to keep me company,
we are planning some serious telly watching.

Talking of which...

Dodger
BBC/BBCiPlayer


Family drama based on the iconic Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist
Ten-part series follows standalone adventures, 
which are then brought together in the final episode.

Christopher Eccleston is Fagin and although definitely geared
for the younger generation with some farcical running around,
it is entertaining.  I am a real sucker for any period drama
and the scenery is brilliant.

Not a huge amount of news from me this week,
the real news is making up for that! 
Goodness it seems that anything and everything is happening
right now - so much tragedy.
Apprehensive to even tune into the news each day but also
feel like I need to, things are moving fast and all very worrying.

Anyway - let's not leave on a sad note...


I hope you all have a lovely weekend and take care friends.


7 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you, good luck for your op.
We have been lucky in our area no damage.
A lovely chilled out Bella.
Take care and have fun kitty.

CraftyCoffey said...

Great catch up on all your news, good to hear you have a date for your operation. Such a lovely photo of Bella.

Michele

hazel young said...

Hi Christine, just a bit of fence damage here too. I love the blanket it is gorgeous. Cyril certainly is loving being adopted lol. Great news on the operation and the fact the boys will be rallying round. Gorgeous Photo of Bella to end on. Take care stay safe xx

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the forthcoming op; make sure you have supplies of wool, books etc and I'm sure it will make your recovery very enjoyable. No matter how much you prepare in advance there will be something you hadn't thought of, so when this happens don't beat yourself up; concentrate on your recovery.WakeyL

christi said...

you will be so happy with your new "hinge". it will be amazing how quickly you recover. but if you need to milk it for awhile, that's ok too. good luck and keep us posted. :)

Littlelamb said...

No damage here after the weather this week. Love the blanket. Good you have your date for your op. Hope all goes well. It’s a year this week that I fell and broke three bones in my knee. I don’t know where that year her gone. Have a good weekend.

karenlotty said...

The blanket looks gorgeous You really are inspiring me to do bigger projects
I hope the op goes well
Take care x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...