Tuesday 14 May 2019

Made an impression...

Hello friends

Popping in for a quick blog post to share this little book project.
I've used one of the new Glimmer Hot Foil plates to emboss only.
This is Gilded Leaves, it is a set with both plates and dies.

I spritzed the craft card first with water and then ran it through
an emboss only sandwich.
The impression is really deep.


I then used Antique Linen distress in to age it up a little.


Rounded the corners - haven't done that for ages,
had to dust off my corner rounder!

Gilded Leaves is available on the website here
along with all Glimmer Plates and foil here.

Hope you are having this glorious weather?
Lots of indoor stuff is being abandoned and taking the opportunity
to be in the garden or walking Bella, making the most of
the sunshine in case this is our Summer, the seasons are so
out of sync it could be true! 

Take care friends, have a super day.

9 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so lovely Christine, the embossing with these plates is very pretty.
Happy to hear you are having some nice weather. Where I live in Canada, we have had a few sunny days but the wind is ever present and keeps it very cool. Hopefully it will warm up soon. Enjoy it while it lasts.

margaret driscoll said...

Hello Christine
I have embossed a lot of my Glitter plates I find it does it very well!
Nice weather but Migraine seems to be more frequent at the moment so thats a PAIN!
Glad Bella enjoys her walks though,
Love Marg

Lynda's craft's said...

Hi Christine I love your card the Embossing is stunning so deep making a really pretty card.
Glad you & Bella are enjoying the sunshine.
Love Lynda xx cuddles for Bella xx

hazel young said...

Lovely embossed detail on the book Christine. Fingers crossed this is not our summer but just the beginning. Loving the sun doing a spot of gardening. hope your garden is coming along xx Hazel

Chris said...

Lovely project Christine, great idea to emboss with the glimmer plates.
I’ve been trying to spend time outside between helping decorating the kitchen. It’s definitely Gin & Tonic weather.
Chris xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, A lovely idea to use the glimmer plates for embossing, such a deep emboss too.
So glad you are enjoying the nice weather, I scarified my front grass at the weekend, it was the first time that I have done it and it will be the last !! then raked out lots of matted soil etc, then put on lawn dressing and finally re-seeded the whole lot, it took me all day and now my back is complaining bitterly haha. I have provided all the birdies with lots of seeds, just so long as they don't take them all from the same place haha. Now hubby is saying "scarifier for sale, used once" haha. Now we are scrutinising the surface of the lawn dressing for signs of 'grass'. Water and sunshine should work quite quickly, fingers crossed.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

nattyboots said...

Hi Christine
Love your little book , the detail is super ,has an aged look about it that I like .
Take care
Elaine H X

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
Thank you a lovely little project.
Have fun in the sunshine, Kitty.

karenlotty said...

Very clever It’s like a 3D embossing folder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...