Monday 21 January 2019

Venturing into ink and where it can go a little awry!

Hello friends

Cough cough cough!
I'm currently competing with Bella as I sound like a barking dog!
On the upside I'm up and about which is a great improvement.

Needless to say I haven't been to my cabin but before I was struck 
with the lurgy I did do something inky.
I've done a little step by step, it follows the techniques 
Eileen Godwin shared at her workshop.
 I am very new to this hence mistakes.
I splashed out on one of the Dylusions Art Journals, just the small one.
The cardstock inside is super thick.

Starting with a nice yellow Oxide glow to the middle - Squeezed Lemonade.


Then adding blue - Mermaid Lagoon.


Script stamp in three places and using a diamond and dotty stencil.  
Now those little stencils came free 
with a magazine, all Ranger and to be honest when I first saw them I just
put them to one side. It wasn't until I went along to Eileen's workshop
I began to see the potential for these little beauties!


A Hare stamp - I bought this some time ago and had been itching to use it.
Because it isn't a clear stamp and I'm not the world's best stamper can you spot
the mistakes?  Firstly he needed to be a little higher, central to my yellow glow.
Also there is a black inky edge to the left but because of the style of the page 
perhaps it still works?


I then went rummaging in my stamps and found this curly one,
not sure I've ever used it before.



I did purchase this stencil from Inkylicious - I mentioned it recently,
it creates this wonderful rays/beams across your image
(or possibly more hare whiskers in this case!)


My first finished page in my inky journal.
Not perfect but I like it! 



I also have the fox stamp in this sketchy range so I may be trying that next.


Hope to be back in my cabin later today, once the frost clears a little.
I need to start prepping for workshops coming up!

Take care friends, have a great start to the week.
Keep well and warm.


16 comments:

JeanD said...

Morning Christine, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been so poorly. As least its sunny today, that’s sure to make you feel better, as long as you are warm. I’m really looking forward to your workshop, hope you’ll be fully recovered by then. xx

margaret driscoll said...

Hello Christine
The Cough is something to behold I have it two weeks after the bug, I hope you clear up quicker than me!
This is so different from your usual work but looks good, glad you're enjoying it!
Wishing you better soon Christine!
Love Marg

hazel young said...

Love your journal, Christine, it's gorgeous, love the colours and items used. That hare stamp is gorgeous.xx Hazel

Chris said...

Hi Christine,
I hope you continue to improve health wise, and I love your journal page. I have a couple of these stamps, the Hare and Highland cow, but never thought of using them like that. I feel a crafty project coming on later.
Keep nice and warm, I always find a nice drop of dark rum and blackcurrant helps a cough. 🙂
Take care
Chris xx

Jackie Durrant said...

Super project so thanks for the tutorial. Keep warm!! xx

Littlelamb said...

Love this journal page Christine and glad you feel like going in the craft room.

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, I love this, and your finished page is gorgeous !! I love this hare stamp.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Anne O said...

Hi Christine - I love your picture. Thank you for showing the build up - I think I might be able to give it a go too! I have those little mini stencils too. Now where did I put them.... Hope you continue to feel better. Best wishes, Anne

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Christine.
So glad to see you are up and about.
You have a lovely project going on.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
See I am a day behind again.

CraftyCoffey said...

Lovely page you have created.

Hope the cough soon goes & you’re not too tired.

Michele

Unknown said...

Christine I am so impressed if you didn't say about the imperfections I wouldn't have noticed. Keep well thanks, Ann

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Looks good love the hare stamp.
Lydia
X

karenlotty said...

I hope you’re feeling better These viruses really do drag you down
I think your page is stunning I really must try something different

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. I love the work you’ve done For the background to the hare. Thanks for sharing.

Jean Eve said...

Love the card & the choice of colours. Becca,s new dies look amazing & very tempting. Wish you better Christine. Cheers Jean xx

nattyboots said...

Loving the Hare stamp , sorry I have not been around for a few days I have had this cough too and it knocked me off my feet.

Take care and I hope we are both on the mend now .
Elaine H X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...