Friday 4 May 2012

It's Friday Die-Day!

Hello friends,
Quick addition to this blog post with an apology to anyone who received a frightening Malaware warning this morning, I've discovered the problem and it should be fine, even though my blog looks a bit bare now! 
I have in fact got a blog makeover coming up...thankfully!
Right..normal post resuming....
Well these Fridays come around fairly quickly - not as fast as Mondays though..!?
'Chloe's Nan' asked if I could show Donna Salazar's Carnation Creations...absolutely - I love them!
So here goes...
There are a whopping 10 dies with this set, 7 flowers and 3 leaves.
 This is how they look cut and embossed.
Again, brilliant with cardstock, patterned paper, fabric, felt, foils and more...
 Take each petal and using something slim (I've used a file but a paintbrush, kebab skewer would work too),
curl both sides of each petal inwards.
 Do not be afraid to really manipulate your petals, lift them up and use your fingers as well as tools.
 Use the same method on each of the flowers.
 Layer them in size order with a dot of glue in the middle, when dry manipulate the petals a little more..and more..and then return to it and a bit more... that's if you're like me and cannot stop!
 A photo from a different angle.
 These are great to make, I like to prepare some and sit in front of the TV curling them!
I also wanted to show you the effectiveness of stencilling through your dies,
I've done a set here with pink cardstock and stencilled through with distress ink.
And here is a shot with a helper!
Always a challenge crafting with a puppy and three cats in the house!
Also, if you prefer to see a video with me creating these gorgeous flowers, I did one a while back also featuring the Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box
Click on play....and if Blogger has been kind it should work!
Thanks for stopping by, please let me know any 'Die-Day' requests.
Take care friends, happy crafting.

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when you go into depth with explanations on how to use the various dies. This one is very versatile you can do a lot with this. Thanks

Wilma

Maggie said...

Oooooooo Christine these dies are sooooo lovely thanks for the tuturial now I "need" this set!!

Maggie***

melanie said...

Stunning demo love these flowers don`t have this set >melanie

Missmizog said...

Thank you for the tutorial. Sometimes its nice to see how all these beautiful creations have been done.
Sue

nmty said...

hi Christine, thanks for these demos, I really love them. What a stunning set of dies, the finished flower looks just like a carnation. Could I request a demo using the persian accents or motifs set please? I bought these sets recently, at a craft fair and some extra inspiration would be fantastic. thanks for Friday Die-Day I love it.
lv norma

Carole Z said...

H Christine, thanks for the great tutorial.another must have die! Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

Good morning Christine. Fabulous tutorial and video, thank you. Love this die and the box one. My die list is growing day by day.
Elizabeth x

Debs said...

Thanks for the fab tutorial Christine - another gorgeous set to add to my wish list :o)
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Christine - so glad you fixed it I was so looking forward to die day!! Great inspiration here although I don't have this die but I can see it going on my wish list!! Any chance of a demo on the Aster Flower Topper as I have had it a while and not really used it, I think I need some guidance. Hugs Susan x

kelly said...

Hi Christine,WOW fab tutorials and great video.the box and card are beautiful and even more so in real life,thank you!
Have a great weekend,hopefully it will be a dry one,at least to dry the garden out! My son is desperate to play football out there but it's more like a swimmimg pool !
Take care Kelly

hazel young said...

stunning die love the dimension to the flower when made up. i would like to see the bracket box die on die friday pls. xx hazel

Cinders said...

Hello Christine,
What a wonderful tutorial, love the flower and another must have I think!!! My list is growing longer each week
Have a great day
Caz x

nattyboots said...

Thanks for the Demo Christine ,iv often looked at these dies with a mind to buying ,now i know i will have to go for it . hope you have a nice weekend. Elaine H X

Lucycat said...

This is a great tutorial and vidio I really like this flower it looks so real.
I see you now have a feline helper I hope Bella is not redundant. x.

Lydia Jordan said...

Morning Christine,
I love all off the flower dies but I don' have this one (yet)lovely when made up.
Excellent tutorial as always, look forward to next weeks.
Have a great weekend.
Lydia
X

Sue Yorkshire said...

Great tutorial Christine. I love these dies an d I must have missed these on my travels

I am love Fridies
Xxxx

Redanne said...

Love how Sue above describes it as Fridies! This is a beautiful die and your flower is stunning and has so much dimension. Have you tried spritzing the pieces and scrunching them before assembling. The flower ends up being rock hard but is lovely looking. Thanks for the tutorial, off to see the video now. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine
I have had these dies in my (ever increasing) stash for several months. I cut them out when I first purchased them, & didn't particularly like them (unlike the rose die's) which I use ALL the time. HOW EVER after seeing your blog today I love what you have done with them, so I am going to give them another go, so thank you for the inspiration.
hugs
Sandra (craftynan)

Ita said...

hi Christine great tutorial,and inspiration I do not have these dide but can try with other dies
Smiles
Ita

Sandra said...

Hi Christine, how very frustrating for you! I have just been without PC for a few days and you don't realise how much you use it until its gone!
Especially as I am stuck at home all the time due to disability!
Anyway back on line now and trying to catch up! I love what you have done with the die today, you have made the flower look real, its amazing!
I am loving all things flowery at the moment and I am trying different methods of making my own flowers for embellishments rather than buying them. I have just received my Bitty Blossom dies so will look back through your blog to get some inspiration, thanks in advance!
I love the May Day inspiration pics you put on and I am off to make a card.
Huge hugs to all,
Sandra xx

Debbie Seyer said...

That is a beautiful flower, Christine! Can you believe I don't have that die set? Must have it soon!!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous flower
hugs Linda

Craftychris said...

Loving the flower, thank you for the tutorial. Its so cool to see what the dies can do - a fab idea, thank you xx

Hellma said...

Wonderful instructions Christine.

AnneRD said...

Another great demo Christine. Thanks. Anne x

Anonymous said...

Great to see these Friday Die Days
Christine - keep them coming.
Vc.x

Janice said...

Another great tut Christine, I look forward to Friday's now even more!

Thanks so much
Janice x

Chloe's Nan said...

This is great, thank you Christine. I've been on hols for a week and it was lovely to browse through your blogs and see this tutorial! I'll hopefully get some more use out of my die now! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...